Thermacell Realtree Xtra Green Mosquito Repeller Review
The following are some of the features of Thermacell Realtree Xtra Green Mosquito Repeller:
• Durable, lightweight aluminum casing with a matte finish. The casing is made from high strength polycarbonate plastic (HDPE) which offers excellent resistance to abrasion and cracking.
The case will not crack or break under normal use conditions.
• The top of the casing has a rubber gasket to prevent water entry. Water does not enter the casing during normal usage.
However, if the casing gets wet, it will seal up immediately and keep out moisture until dry.
• The bottom of the casing has a small opening at its center to allow air flow through it when needed. Air flow helps maintain humidity inside the device.
• The casing is waterproof to IPX8 standard. This means it can withstand splashes of water and still function properly.
• The casing is easy to clean with soap and warm soapy water. Do not use harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia because they may damage the device’s electronics.
As you can see, the casing is sturdy and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
What’s inside the box?
The box contains the following:
1) 1 x Realtree Xtra Green Lantern MR300
2) 2 x 3.7V 2000mAh Li-Ion rechargeable batteries
3) 1 x AC Adaptor
4) 1 x AC Charger Cord (US, UK, EU and Australian plugs available)
5) 1 x Belt Holster
6) 2 x Lantern Screens
7) 4 x Velcro Strips (2 large and 2 small)
8) 2 x Alcohol Prep Pads
9) 4 x Rubber Feet (2 large and 2 small)
10) 1 x Language Manual (English, French, Spanish, German and Italian)
How it works
The lantern uses a butane-propane mixture as fuel. The mixture flows from the fuel tank to the burner tubes and out of the device.
The lantern is turned on when the control knob is rotated counter-clockwise to the ON position. Turn the control knob one click clockwise to reach maximum brightness. Return the control knob to the OFF position when finished. If ambient lighting is insufficient, turn the control knob one click counter-clockwise from the OFF position for additional brightness.
Filling the fuel tank:
Unscrew the tank cap located at the top of the lantern and fill with a butane-propane fuel mix (using either a small disposable bottle or refillable large tank). Always follow the fuel manufacturer’s instructions for its safe usage.
Replace the tank cap.
When the fuel reaches the burner, it mixes with the air and lights to create a clean, white flame. The lantern’s hood collects the heat and focuses it into a bright light beam.
The lantern can be swiveled up to 120 degrees for directional focus.
How to replace lantern screen?
Unscrew and remove the old lantern screen, then screw in and install the new one in its place. The best way to avoid damaging the lantern casing is to ensure the new screen is aligned straight when installed.
The lantern’s lens is tough but it can still break if subjected to substantial force. When cleaning the lantern, be careful not to scratch or gouge the lens.
Use a dry cloth or eyeglass cleaning kit (sold in drugstores) to wipe the lens gently. For heavier cleaning, use only a mild soap solution. Never use abrasives of any kind.
How to change batteries?
The lantern comes with a rechargeable battery and charger. However, you can also use 6x D batteries for backup.
– To recharge the included Li-Ion battery: Unscrew the base of the lantern and plug the AC charger cord into the port. Plug the other end of the cord into a power outlet.
Wait until the charging indicator turns off to unplug the cord from the power outlet.
Sources & references used in this article: