Stihl MSA 220 C-B 36V Battery Chainsaw Review: Pros & Cons
1) Low Price – You can buy it at a low price.
There are many brands of battery chainsaws available online. Some of them are not so good quality, but they have lower prices than those offered by Stihl MSA.
2) Easy To Use – It takes only few minutes to set up your new Stihl MSA 220 C-B 36V Battery Chainsaw.
No special tools required.
3) Durable Construction – It is made with durable materials like aluminum alloy, steel, stainless steel and zinc plated brass.
4) Lightweight – It weighs less than 5 pounds which makes it easy to move around and carry around.
5) Compact Size – It is small enough to fit into any pocket or bag.
6) Portable – It can easily be taken anywhere without taking up much space.
1) Not For Children Under 14 Years Old – The safety warning states that the product may not be used by children under 14 years old.
If you are one of those kids, then you will need to look elsewhere for a battery chainsaw.
2) Not As Powerful As Other Models – For a gas chainsaw, this does not have as much power as other models.
It is not as powerful as the gas chainsaws made by Stihl.
3) Single Speed – Unlike battery chainsaws with multiple speeds, this model only has one speed.
4) No Battery Gauge – There is no on-board battery gauge to determine how much charge it has left.
You will have to charge it after about an hour of cutting.
5) No Fuel Gauge – There is no on-board fuel gauge to determine how much fuel is left in the tank.
You will have to keep track of your fuel consumption yourself.
6) Not For Large Jobs – You should not be using this to cut down large trees.
It is intended for small jobs around the yard like cutting firewood or clearing debris.
7) No Protective Gloves – You will have to buy chainsaw gloves separately.
8) Not For Long Lasting Cutting – It is not designed for cutting down large trees over a long period of time.
It can only cut up to 1-inch thick tree for about an hour before it needs to be charged.
9) Not For Left Handed People – If you are left-handed, you may have a difficult time using this chainsaw.
It is only designed to be used by right-handed people.
The battery is located on the top of the chainsaw. It is not as powerful as other battery chainsaws on the market, but it gets the job done.
It has an automatic oiling system that helps with lubricating the chain while you are cutting so that it may last longer.
There is a knob on the front that allows you to easily adjust the depth that the blade will cut at. This allows for more accurate cutting as opposed to saws that do not have this feature.
The chainsaw is small enough that it can be stored in your car, truck, RV or boat. It may also be hung on a nail in your garage if you do not have anywhere else to store it.
If you are a person that only needs to do small cutting jobs from time to time, then this machine is perfect. It also runs on electricity, so you don’t have to deal with smelly gas fumes and it is much quieter than a gas chainsaw.
Since it only weighs less than 5 pounds, it is very easy to carry around the yard from one place to another. The only major drawback is that it can’t be used for cutting jobs that require a lot of endurance or time. You can’t cut down more than a couple of inches in diameter before it needs to be charged again.
Weight: 4.5 pounds
Length: 23.5 inches
Bar length: 12 inches
Blade size: 6.5mm
Battery voltage: 40 volts
Battery Ah: 2Ah
No-Load Speed: 5,500 RPM
User-Friendliness: 4/5 Stars
Value for money: 4.5/5 Stars
Reliability: 4.5/5 Stars
Overall Rating: 4.2/5 Stars
Latest Price Info Here!
If you are looking for a quieter, cleaner and more reliable chainsaw that is still cordless, then you may want to consider the GreenWorks 20362 G-MAX Chainsaw. This chainsaw only weighs 6.5 pounds and is a little smaller than the Black & Decker model reviewed above.
It’s very easy to use on small trees and bushes around your yard.
How It Works
This cordless chainsaw uses a lithium-ion battery to produce power. It has a chain that spins at 5,500 RPM which allows you to cut quickly and efficiently through wood.
It also has an automatic oiling system that helps to keep the chain from getting stuck in the wood while you are cutting.
This chainsaw is great for people that don’t need to do a lot of cutting or have a large yard. You are able to easily control it with one hand and it is still powerful enough to chop through smaller trees without any problems.
It’s also very light and can be hung on a nail in your garage or shed when it isn’t being used. The fact that it is cordless makes it very convenient to have around your yard for any quick jobs.
This chainsaw will not last as long as the Black & Decker model that was reviewed above. You also can only cut straight through very small trees before the battery starts to die.
It’s best to reserve this one for light jobs such as pruning and thinning out smaller bushes and saplings around the yard.
If you are looking for a cordless chainsaw that you can quickly grab and use without having to mess with pulling out a power cord, then this one is perfect. It’s very easy to start and has few parts that can break.
The only major disadvantage is that it doesn’t have the power of traditional gas powered chainsaws. Since it is very light and has a very narrow bar, it can’t cut through larger trees.
It can be purchased online here!
If you are looking for a chainsaw that is light and easy to use on small trees, bushes and pruning jobs, then this one will work well for you. It’s less messy and loud than gas powered chainsaws and is very convenient because it can be charged overnight and stored in your shed or garage when it isn’t being used.
If you have a large yard and need to cut down large trees, then this one is not for you. It can only handle very small trees before the battery starts to lose power.
It also won’t last as long as a gas powered chainsaw. It’s still very convenient to use since all you need to do is pick a tree, start cutting and then charge it back up when you are done.
Hopefully this guide has helped you to choose the right chainsaw for your needs! If you are looking for more home improvement guides, please look here.
Please note: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that I will get a small commission if you purchase anything within a certain time frame.
There is no extra cost for you. I Appreciate your support!
Sources & references used in this article: