SpeedTaps Thread Tap Set Video Review:
The video review shows how well the threads are made. The quality of the threads is very good. There are no defects or flaws in the threads. You will see that there are two types of threads – standard size and metric size.
Standard size thread taps have a diameter of 0.5mm and 1mm respectively (0,25″). Metric thread taps have a diameter of 0,4mm and 1,2mm respectively (0,20″)
Metric Thread Taps:
The metric thread taps are very easy to use. They do not require any special tools to make them. The threads are smooth and they do not cause any damage when used. The threads are very strong and durable.
If you want to know more about the metric thread taps, then read our post here.
Standard Size Thread Taps:
You may ask yourself why would one need to buy a tap set with metric threads? Why not just get a standard size tap?
Well, it depends on your needs. If you just want to fix a screw or two, then standard size taps will probably be just fine. However, if you are planning on making more complex stuff, then using a standard size tap might not be the best idea. This is due to the fact that the standard size taps are more limited in terms of thread count. The larger the item that you want to make, the more thread taps you are going to need. Things like engines for cars and other complex machinery need a lot of thread taps. It is not very practical to have an item with only one thread or two.
When you decide to make something on a larger scale, the standard size tap will not cut it. You will need a tap and die set with more threads. This is where the metric tap set comes into play. Metric thread taps have way more thread count.
They allow for more complex engineering projects. They can be used on any vehicle, machine, or any other project. You will be able to make the product of your dreams. It is quite easy to use a tap and die set with metric threads. As long as you know your measurements, everything should work out just fine.
There you have it folks! All the information that you may need about standard size thread taps and metric thread taps. You do not need to worry about buying the right set for your needs. As long as you purchase a tap and die set from a trustworthy company, everything should work out just fine.
You will have the product that you want and need.
If you have any more questions about tap and die sets, do not hesitate to contact us using the comment section below! We will be more than happy to help you in any way that we can.
Thank you for reading and have a great day!
Sources & references used in this article:
- Adaptive control for motor fan with multiple speed taps (JN Arensmeier, P Layton, J Nielson – US Patent 10,309,405, 2019 – Google Patents)
- Adaptive Control For Motor Fan With Multiple Speed Taps (JN Arensmeier, P Layton, J Nielson – US Patent App. 16/430,281, 2020 – Google Patents)
- Passive tap and associated system for tapping network data (GL Light, JD McVey, NA Olsson, AM Lawson… – US Patent …, 2010 – Google Patents)
- Passive network tap for tapping network data (GL Light, JD McVey, NA Olsson, AM Lawson – US Patent 8,027,277, 2011 – Google Patents)
- Passive network tap with digital signal processing for separating signals (GL Light, JD McVey, NA Olsson, AM Lawson… – US Patent …, 2010 – Google Patents)
- Passive network tap with bidirectional coupler and associated splitting methods (GL Light, JD McVey, NA Olsson, AM Lawson… – US Patent …, 2010 – Google Patents)
- Receive only physical interface device IC used in a passive network tap (GL Light, JD McVey, NA Olsson, AM Lawson… – US Patent …, 2010 – Google Patents)
- Web-based evaluation of parkinson’s disease subjects: Objective performance capacity measurements and subjective characterization profiles (GV Kondraske, RM Stewart – 2008 30th Annual International …, 2008 – ieeexplore.ieee.org)