1. What is the difference between Apple Lightning Cable and USB Wall Charger? Apple Lightning cable is not compatible with any other type of power source than iPhone 5 or newer models.
You need to use it only with iPhone 5 or newer models. It does not work at all on older iPhones, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2, third-generation iPads, fourth-generation iPads and some earlier iPods.
2. How many times do I have to charge my phone using the Apple Lightning Cable? You will have to charge your phone up to 80% capacity before you can use it again.
If you want to keep your battery life longer, then you should buy a new one.
3. Is there any way of charging my phone without buying a new one? Yes, but it costs money and takes time.
You can try to charge your phone with a car adapter. However, if you are going to use it out and about, then you might as well just get a new one.
4. Do I really need to buy a new charger every time I change my iPhone model? No, but it is better if you don’t forget to purchase a new one when you upgrade your phone model.
If you continue to use an old and outdated charger, then there is a chance that it can damage your battery life.
5. What happens if I use a cheap knock-off Lightning cable on my phone? You should avoid using cheap knock-off Lightning cables as they have been known to damage charging ports.
If you insist on using cheap knock-offs then you will be at high risk of damaging your phone’s charging port, which will require professional fix or even replacement.
6. Is it possible to charge your phone using a non-Apple Lightning cable? Yes, you can charge your phone using a non-Apple Lightning cable, but you have to make sure that the cable is MFI (Made for iPhone).
These cables are readily available online and in Apple Stores.
7. I recently lost my original Lightning cable, can I buy a second hand one from eBay?
Sources & references used in this article:
- Design reviews on a multipurpose power sockets for different applications (C Wong, U Nirmal, S Murugan – Cogent Engineering, 2018 – Taylor & Francis)
- Content distribution with renewable content protection (GC Weber, P Firouzi, AM Baran, E Bölke… – European Journal of …, 2018 – BioMed Central)
- ADVANCED MONITORING SYSTEM FOR BOLTED CONNECTIONS IN VEHICLE CONSTRUCTION (GC Weber, P Firouzi, AM Baran, E Bölke… – European Journal of …, 2018 – BioMed Central)
- Evolving a Tool Set for Biological Research and Education (A Marking, JB Lotspiech, K Goeller – US Patent App. 14/995,114, 2016 – Google Patents)
- Snap mobile payment apparatuses, methods and systems (MBDI FH – 2010 – vital.seals.ac.za)