Snapper 82V Battery Mower Review
The Snapper 82V Battery Mower is one of the most popular models among the battery powered lawnmowers. The Snapper 82V was developed in 2006 by a company called Powermatic Corporation (PMC). The Snapper 84M is based on the same design but with some minor changes such as improved engine and new accessories. Some of these are:
1) New Engine – A new engine improves performance and reliability.
2) New Accessories – The Snapper 82V features a new accessory pack which includes two different attachments.
One is a blade guard, designed to protect the blades from damage when cutting through grass. Another attachment is a plastic cap, designed to prevent water from entering the engine compartment. Both attachments are optional accessories and may not be available on all models.
3) New Features – The Snapper 82V comes equipped with a new feature called “Auto Start”.
When the ignition switch is turned on, the mower automatically starts up and runs at full speed. This feature makes it easier to start up the mower since there is no need to turn on the key manually.
4) Improved Performance – The Snapper 82V uses a larger 2.
5 HP motor than its predecessor, making it more powerful and efficient.
The Snapper 80V was the first battery powered lawnmower to be introduced by Powermatic. The Snapper 82V is a much improved and enhanced version. While there are many differences between the two models, the two key features that set the Snapper 82V apart are its new engine and automatic starting system. Other improvements were made in terms of energy efficiency, run time, battery life, and overall performance.
Snapper 82V Battery Mower Features
The Snapper 40V battery mower features the following:
1) Powerful Battery – The Snapper features a high-performance, long-lasting rechargeable battery.
A single charge can last up to 60 minutes, providing 60 minutes of run time. Energy efficient design enables the battery to retain 90 percent of its charge even after 5 years of non-use.
2) Quick Charging Time – The battery can be fully charged in as little as 2 to 3 hours.
3) Automatic Engine Override – The Snapper 82V is designed with an automatic engine cut-off system.
This feature prevents the mower from continuing to run if the blades come into contact with an object. This safety system helps protect the mower’s engine and drive components from damage due to objects getting caught in the blades.
4) Easy Height Adjustments – For easy and accurate height adjustments, the Snapper features a single lever system.
The height can be adjusted from 1/2″ to 2-1/4″.
5) Rear Bag – Rear bag collects grass clippings for easy disposal.
6) Single Lever Operation – To start or stop the mower, simply pull up on the single lever.
When pulled up, the lever locks into place and the motor will immediately start. Release the lever to stop the motor.
7) Easy Storage – The Snapper 40V is equipped with built-in hangers located at the rear of the mower.
These can be used to hang the discharge bag over the back, allowing hands-free storage. When not in use, the mower can be stored vertically against a wall.
8) Low Noise Level – The Snapper 40V operates at a low noise level, typically 82 dB(A).
This is about the same noise level as a normal conversation.
9) Performance – The Snapper 40V is equipped with a high-performance, 2.
5 HP, air-cooled, dry cell, nickel cadmium battery engine.
10) Ergonomic Design – The mower has an ergonomically designed handle with an easy to grip material for enhanced comfort and control.
11) Environmentally Sound – The battery is 100 percent recyclable, and the mower itself carries the Energy Star Certification.
12) Warranty – The Snapper 40V carries a 5-year warranty on the chassis, 2-year warranty on the battery, and 1-year warranty on all electric components.
13) Attachments – The mower comes with a standard rear bag; however it can easily accept many different commercially available lawn attachments such as a grass catcher or snow plow.
Snapper 40V Battery Mower Specifications
The Snapper 40V is 21″ wide and can be used to cut grass that is up to 6″ tall. The mower deck is constructed out of welded steel with a powder coat finish. The mowing area is 15″, leaving 10″ on each side for trimming. Maximum tractive effort of 192 lbf. Weight of the unit is 67 lb.
Snapper 40V Battery Mower Warranty
The Snapper 40V carries a 5-year limited warranty on the frame, 2-year limited warranty on all electric parts, and 1-year limited warranty on the battery.
Snapper 40V Battery Mower Pricing
The Snapper 40V is available for purchase at Tool Crib for $2,699. We do offer financing as well as the ability to pay using credit cards. If you would like to learn more about the 40V or if you have any questions, please call 866-855-3650 to speak with a sales associate.
Snapper 40V Battery Mower Gallery
Sources & references used in this article: