Snap On 3/8-In Flex Head Torque Wrench ATECH2FR125B:
The following are some of the benefits of using a snap on torque wrench:
1) You don’t have to spend money for expensive tools.
They come at a low cost. (You can even get them from your local hardware store.)
2) You can use it anywhere, anytime without having to worry about damaging anything or losing any parts.
3) You can use it with a variety of different types of tools.
For example, you could use it to tighten bolts while working on a car engine. Or you could use it to loosen nuts and bolts when tightening down screws in a house wall.
4) If you need to replace one of the teeth on the wrench, then just swap out the tool and start over again!
5) When you need to change the size of the teeth, then simply take off the old tooth and put on the new one.
No special tools required.
Features of Snap-On 3/8-In Flex Head Torque Wrench ATECH2FR125B:
• A versatile torque wrench that comes in various sizes to fit most jobs. It’s easy to handle and very powerful. You’ll love its power!
• The flexible head ensures you can get to those hard to reach places. It’s easy to maneuver around the job and fits into those tight corners.
How to use a snap on 3/8-Inch Torque Wrench:
The Snap On Torque Wrench allows you to tighten bolts and screws on various machines. It is important that you know how much force you are exerting with this wrench so that you do not cause any damage.
The correct way to use it is to set it at your desired setting, then tighten the bolt or screw a little bit. After that, continue tightening it until the wrench clicks. This indicates that you have reached the desired setting.
If you over tighten it, then you could snap the bolt or screw off inside the machine, which will require you to remove and disassemble part of the machine in order to replace or repair the broken part.
How to choose the correct setting on the wrench:
There are a couple of factors that will determine which setting you should use on the wrench when tightening a certain bolt or screw. The most important factor is the size of the bolt or screw. If you are working on an engine, you need to find out what the manufacturer recommends for that particular make and model of vehicle.
If you do not have this information, then set your desired torque range from 1 to 3. Next, you need to decide what material the bolt or screw is made out of. A general guideline for common materials and their torques are as follows: Gray: 10-15 ft-lb, White: 15-20 ft-lb, Green: 25-35 ft-lb, Blue: 35-45 ft-lb, Yellow: 45-60 ft-lb, Red: 60-90 ft-lb, Brown: 75-100 ft-lb. If you do not know the material the bolt or screw is made out of, then choose the lowest torque setting which is 1-2. This will ensure that you don’t snap the bolt or screw off inside the machine if you happen to be a little bit on the heavy side with your hands.
It is important to use a torque wrench anytime you are working on an engine or other heavy equipment. If you over tighten a bolt or screw in these cases, it can lead to serious injury. Even if you don’t, it can cause wear and tear on the equipment.
This will cause you to have to replace parts more often than necessary and it will also cause the equipment to malfunction more often, leading to costly repairs and time lost when the equipment fails to work properly.
Always be sure to store your torque wrench when you are not using it.
Sources & references used in this article: