There are two types of drywall cutters: Center Mark and Blind Mark. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages. There are several brands of drywall cutters available in the market today. Some of them are cheap, some expensive, but they all work the same way – they slice through your wall with ease!
But what if I told you there was another type? A cheaper alternative that works just as well?
That’s right! There is a third type of drywall cutters out there. They’re called “Simple Man” products. These cutters are made from high quality materials and come in many different sizes. You may think that these cutters would be too small to do any damage, but they aren’t! If you use one of these cutters, you’ll find it much easier than using a center mark or a blind mark drywall cutter. Here’s why…
The first thing you need to know is that there are two kinds of drywall cutters: Center Mark and Blind Mark. Each kind has its own advantages and disadvantages.
So which one will you choose?
Well, let’s take a look at each type individually.
Center Mark Drywall Cutters
These cutters are easy to use because they don’t require any tools other than your hands! All you have to do is fold the cutter open, place the loop around the center of the area you want to cut and then close the loop. The only problem with these cutters is that they only mark the center of your drywall. If you don’t get your outlet or switch plate in the right spot, then your wall is going to look horrible and this can be frustrating when you’re trying to get everything perfect.
Blind Mark Drywall Cutters
These cutters make a small dimple or loop in your drywall so you’ll know where to put your switch plate or outlet. The only problem with these cutters is that they can be hard to use. They require you to press down hard with your fingers and can give you aching hands after awhile. Some people also have a hard time getting the loop to come out even.
If you don’t press down exactly in the center, the loop can come out lopsided. If the loop is off to the side by just a little, then it can be very hard to put your plate or outlet in the right spot.
Simple Man Cutters
The final type of drywall cutters are called Simple Man Cutters. They’re different from the other two types because they make two loops in your drywall. But don’t let that fool you! These cutters are much easier to use than blind mark cutters and they don’t require you to squeeze a loop open with your fingers like center mark cutters.
All you have to do is place the cutter on the wall, adjust it so it’s centered, and then turn the cutter so that the loops come out even. It’s as easy as that!
So if you want to make your drywall cutting as easy and quick as possible, go with a Simple Man Cutter. They’re not just for men either! In fact, most of our customers are women. We have a wide selection of cutters to choose from.
We have cutters that are sized perfectly for small switches and outlets and we also have cutters that can accommodate large double plugs.
Once you’ve chosen the right drywall cutter for your needs, it’s as easy as 1…2…3…
Sources & references used in this article:
- A 3D laser range finder for autonomous mobile robots (H Surmann, K Lingemann, A Nüchter… – Proceedings of the …, 2001 – academia.edu)
- Finding Nearest Location with Open Box Query using Geohashing and MapReduce (V Singla – … Department, Thapar University, Patiala, Thesis for …, 2013 – gdeepak.com)
- Breakthrough thinking from inside the box. (KP Coyne, PG Clifford, R Dye – Harvard business review, 2007 – europepmc.org)
- Subjective knowledge, search locations, and consumer choice (C Moorman, K Diehl, D Brinberg… – Journal of Consumer …, 2004 – academic.oup.com)
- Cognitive maps and spatial behavior: Process and products (RM Downs, D Stea – 1973 – urban-emotions.ru.uni-kl.de)
- Protecting Newly Discovered Antiquities: Thinking Outside the Fee Simple Box (PT Wendel – Fordham L. Rev., 2007 – HeinOnline)
- PupaSNP Finder: a web tool for finding SNPs with putative effect at transcriptional level (L Conde, JM Vaquerizas, J Santoyo… – Nucleic acids …, 2004 – academic.oup.com)
- Analysis of FBJ-MuSV provirus and c-fos (mouse) gene reveals that viral and cellular fos gene products have different carboxy termini (C Van Beveren, F Van Straaten, T Curran, R Muller… – Cell, 1983 – Elsevier)