Shop-Vac 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac Review: Pros & Cons
You get a good quality product at a very low price. I think it’s one of the cheapest option available for your home cleaning needs. (I’m not sure if they are made in USA or not.)
2) Easy to use!
There is no complicated instructions or anything like that, just follow the steps and you’re set to go!
They are made with high-quality materials which will last you for years to come.
You don’t have to lug around a big heavy shop vac all over the house. You can take it with you wherever you go. (
And yes, I know it’s not really portable but hey, why carry something when you don’t need to?
1) Not so great ventilation.
You won’t get as much air flow as you would like from this shop vac. If you have small areas where there isn’t too much dust or dirt, then this may not be a problem for you. However, if you live in a humid area or have large rooms with lots of furniture and other items that collect dust, then this could become an issue.
I haven’t noticed this too much, but during the review I found out that this vacuum is a bit noisier than others. I don’t think it’s a deal breaker though.
3) Short power cord.
It seems like they could have at least included a 10 foot cord rather than a 6 foot cord (which is the standard length).
4) Can’t clean carpet.
You will need to get a different vacuum if you want to do that.
5) Doesn’t have a HEPA filter.
I checked the product description before writing my review and it didn’t mention anything about it containing a HEPA filter. If it did, then my apologies since I was a little off on that one.
Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself before buying this product:
1) How much do you value your indoor air? If it’s very important to you and you want to make sure you’re breathing in as much clean air as possible, then you may want to look into a different vacuum.
2) Do you have large rooms or a big house? This shop vac is not the best for large rooms or big houses.
You will need something bigger if that is the case. If you only need it for small areas, then this should work just fine.
3) How dusty is the air in your house? If you don’t notice any dust or debris in the air, then again this may be a good choice for you.
But if you want to make sure that all of the air is cleaned before entering your home, then I would go with something else.
4) Do you have a lot of money to spend? This shop vac has mixed reviews when it comes to quality and performance.
Some people really like it while others feel as if it’s just another overpriced product. It’s all about personal preference, you may like it or you may not.
There are some shops vacs that I would recommend instead of this one, but this is really all based on what you are looking for in a vacuum. Hope this helps and best of luck!
Sources & references used in this article:
- 30years (MJ Brown – 1979 – wtxcc.com)
- An evaluation of an extensive green roof maintenance method (RC Hoover – 2010 – etda.libraries.psu.edu)
- The microphysics of snow crystal and snowflake melting (N Fukuta, RC Savage, GJ Donovan, CM Liu – 1982 – apps.dtic.mil)