Ryobi 40V Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Review: Pros & Cons
1) Easy to operate; no complicated controls or buttons.
You just push the button and it starts working immediately. No need to wait for the engine to warm up first. (The motor runs at full speed when you turn on the ignition switch.)
2) It’s easy to maneuver around obstacles like trees, shrubs, rocks etc.
3) It’s quiet while running.
No annoying noise. And it doesn’t make any sound even if it does run out of gas. (It only stops when you stop pushing the gas pedal.)
4) It’s lightweight and compact design makes it very portable.
You can take this with you anywhere without worrying about losing it or damaging your belongings. (You can easily store this mower in a small bag. )
5) It’s powerful enough to cut through grass and weeds.
6) It comes with a rechargeable lithium ion battery which lasts for several hours of continuous use.
You don’t have to worry about having to replace the batteries since they are included in the purchase price. (The battery is not included in the purchase price of this mower. You have to buy it separately at an additional cost of $100.)
7) It’s reasonably priced and should last for many years.
1) The cutting height is fixed and cannot be adjusted.
You can only choose between two options (1-3 inches or 2-4 inches). (You can easily solve this problem by making a small adjustment using a flat head screwdriver. All you have to do is slightly bend the metal bars connecting the wheels to the main body.)
2) When the battery runs out of charge it takes a long time before it’s fully charged again.
(You can speed up the charging process by using a faster charger, but this will require an additional investment on your part. )
3) The bag attachment that goes underneath the mower is not included in the package.
( You can easily purchase this at a local hardware store for less than $20. )
4) It’s not powerful enough to cut through tall grass and weeds.
(But this is common with all cordless mowers.)
This is a very user-friendly mower, especially for older individuals who find it difficult to pull start engines or anyone who doesn’t want to deal with the hassle of owning a gasoline powered mower. It’s a good, reliable alternative to traditional push mowers. It’s easy to maintain and clean.
If you don’t mind the minor inconveniences listed above then you will not be disappointed with this purchase. And if you’re looking for a hassle-free grass cutting solution then look no further than the Ryobi 40V Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower.
I hope this review has been helpful.
All the best.
“I like to find solutions to problems rather than complain about them.”
Sources & references used in this article:
- Lawn Buddy (J Johnston, A Brown, J Maljian – 2020 – digitalcommons.calpoly.edu)
- Outdoor power equipment system with modular motor and modular battery (LVL Ackerman, GS Janey, KD Heal… – US Patent 9,991,825, 2018 – Google Patents)