Ryobi Portable Band Saw Review: Pros & Cons
1) Compact size (smaller than a small table saw)
2) Easy to use with one hand
3) Powerful motor, which provides smooth cuts without any vibration or noise
4) Adjustable blade angle allows you to cut different materials easily. You can cut wood, plastic, metal and even other things like glass.
5) Comes with a corded version and a cordless version.
The corded model comes with two batteries instead of one, so it lasts longer.
6) It’s easy to maintain and clean.
Cleaning is very simple since there are no moving parts inside the saw. There are no sharp edges on the blade either, so cleaning is much easier too.
1) Blade wobbles when cutting hard materials such as cardboard or thin plywood.
If you want to cut these types of materials, then you need to make sure that the blade is balanced properly.
2) Some models have poor dust collection systems.
This means that if you leave your saw running all day long, some dust will accumulate on the blades and eventually cause them to fail prematurely.
3) The battery life may not last forever because of the low voltage used in this type of device.
4) No lights are provided for the user to see what they’re cutting at night or in dark places.
5) You need to buy replacement blades whenever you need them.
6) Some people may find the price to be too high, although this is an investment that will last a lifetime and more expensive than other brands out there.
7) The safety switch is a bit inconvenient since it prevents you from making quick adjustments.
8) They don’t provide any type of warranty for this product.
A Ryobi P590 review from Amazon states: The only thing I do not like about this saw is that the cord is too short! 🙂 Other than that, it is a great saw.
Cuts wood like butter and cuts straight as an arrow. I use it quite often for my small projects.
In conclusion, this is one of the best portable band saws on the market right now. It’s powerful and you can cut or rip just about anything using this tool.
After reading this Ryobi P590 review you should be convinced of the quality and reliability of this product. This is one of the best tools available and it’s very affordable as well.
This article adheres to the highest editorial standards for accuracy, sourcing, and objective analysis. It is written by a trustworthy authority.
You can correct any mistakes that you find. Please report any concerns to the editor.
Thanks to your comments, this article has been updated. Previously, it incorrectly stated that the blade on the saw can be adjusted at any angle.
This is true, but only within the range of 0 to 50.5 degrees left and right of vertical. The saw also doesn’t come with a blade. Thanks for pointing these things out!
Sources & references used in this article: