RIDGID R48607K 18V 7-1/4 INCH BRUSHLESS MITTER SAW
• Dual 12 VDC Brushless Motor with Over Voltage Protection (OP) and Short Circuit Protection (SCP).
• High Torque Gearbox for Maximum Speed and Power.
• Variable Speed Control (VSC): Allows You To Set The Tool Speed From Fastest To Slowest For Best Results.
• Adjustable Height Stand: Prevents Your Hands From Getting Too Close To The Blade When Cutting.
Model No. R48607K:
Input Voltage: 9-18V DC
Max. Continuous Output Current: 6A / Max.
Continuous Rated Load Capacity: 1000Watts
Maximum Operating Temperature Range(Non-Operating): -10°C ~ 60°C (-20°F ~ 140°F)
Product Dimension(Dia x Ht.): 38*24*19mm (14.7 * 8.6 * 5in.); 7.1 lbs
Shipping Dimensions(Dia x Ht.): 48*30*26cm (18.9 * 11.8 * 10in.); 10.8 lbs
Shipping Weight: 10.8lbs (4.8kg)
Included Accessories: (1) Blade Guard, (2) Blade Wrench, (2) Miter Saw Blade, (2) L Shaped Door Filler for Base
– 18V Cordless motor means you have the power of corded tools without being tied down.
– Dust Extraction Port to help keep your workspace clean.
– Quickly set the bevel with the quick-release lever.
– The blade guard and riving knife help prevent kickback and add safety to your cut.
– Durable all-metal gearbox for increased durability.
– The powerful motor can cut up to 2×12’s in a single pass.
– Quick and accurate crosscuts and miter cuts are easy with the adjustable integrated rafter.
– The 5″ x 7″ base plate provides a large stable cutting surface.
– The large ergonomic design allows you to hold the saw firmly and steadily for more accurate cuts.
More customer reviews available at Amazon
This Ridgid R48607K 18V 7-1/4 Inch Brushless Miter Saw Kit includes a quick-release lever for fast and easy bevel adjustment, integrated rafter hook for hanging the saw, and an integrated hang hole at the back of the tool for wall storage.
The tool’s 5″ x 7″ base has a large stable cutting surface.
For faster and more accurate cuts, the saw is equipped with a durable all-metal gearbox that has an integrated rafter allowing for quick and easy bevel adjustment. The bevel can be adjusted from 0 to 50 degrees in either direction.
The saw offers a dust port to help keep your workspace clean and is designed with an adjustable stand for uneven terrain.
This kit includes two 10″ precision ground laser etched blades that have 0.004″ blade thickness, a quick release blade latch, and a blade wrench.
The blades can be used for making clean cuts in wood, drywall, plastic, and metal.
The saw has an integrated rafter hook that provides easy blade changes. The hook can also be used for hanging the saw when it’s not in use or for wall storage.
The saw’s arbor has an integrated depth rod for accurate cuts.
This tool has a no-mar foot for floors and worksite and is made with durable cast steel for long tool life. The foot pivots allowing you to easily cut in tight locations.
The saw has a dual LED light that provides brighter and more consistent illumination than comparable jobsite lights. Each light contains 10 LEDs that last up to 100,000 hours.
The lights last up to 8 hours on a single charge and can be recharged in just 4 hours.
The saw uses an 18V lithium-ion battery for more power than a competitors’ 14.4V battery while weighing less.
The battery has fuel gauge technology so you know exactly how much power remains. This battery has no memory and can be charged anytime. It has 5x the lifespan of competing batteries.
It features a 2-speed gear drive with a low gear for faster cuts and a high gear for higher torque that enables you to cut tougher materials.
This tool has a durable magnesium baseplate to protect the saw’s inner-workings from damage due to falls.
You can expand your cordless tool lineup with additional battery and accessory packs. It uses the same battery as several other tools in the 18V ONE+ series.
The saw can be upgraded with the R18701 blade clamp to hold up to a 14″ blade for thicker cuts. The R18702 adapter is also sold separately and allows you to cut circles and holes in a range of materials up to 2-1/4″ in diameter.
More customer reviews available at Amazon
– The tool’s integrated rafter hook has a hanger for when the saw is not in use or for wall storage.
– The saw’s bevel capacity ranges from 0 to 50 degrees in either direction.
– The dual LED lights provide brighter and more consistent illumination than comparable jobsite lights.
– The tool’s magnesium baseplate protects the saw’s inner-workings from damage due to falls.
– The quick release blade latch makes it easy to change blades.
– The saw’s foot pivots allowing you to easily cut in tight locations.
– It uses the same battery as several other tools in the 18V ONE+ series, so there’s potential for further cost savings through the use of cheaper batteries.
– The tool is relatively lightweight at just 9 lbs.
– This tool has enough power to rip through 2x4s.
– The battery has a fuel gauge so you’ll always know how much power remains.
– The saw doesn’t have enough power for cutting hardwoods or softwoods, but it works well for cutting plywood and other sheet goods.
The ONE+ 18V Cordless Mitre Saw is an affordable, lightweight, and easy to use cordless miter saw that works well for most trim work around the home.
description continues below
The Ryobi AS1845 is a cordless angle saw with a compact design for improved control and easy handling, even in hard-to-reach areas. The tool offers a clear line of sight for accurate cuts and has an integrated rafter hook with a hanger for when the saw isn’t in use or for wall storage.
It is capable of cutting wood, plastic, and metal pipes of 1-1/2″, 2″
Sources & references used in this article: