Milwaukee Compact Wide Blade Tape Measure Has Longer Stand Out
The first thing you need to know about Milwaukee tape measures is that they are very popular among professional users. They have been used since the beginning of time and are still in use today. They are widely available and affordable, making them one of the most common types of measuring devices found around the world.
As far as their durability goes, it’s not bad at all. Most modern models are made from high quality materials such as stainless steel or aluminum alloy. However, there have always been some older models that were made out of wood and even some with nails in place of the standard blades.
These old tapes measure might be fragile and break easily if dropped or stepped on; however, they will still work just fine when new!
Milwaukee tape measures come in different sizes, but they all share a few things in common: They are usually made of hard plastic and have a flat top surface. Also, they tend to be fairly light weight. You won’t see any kind of metal components inside these devices either.
Another feature that sets them apart from other kinds of tape measures is their ability to stand out against the background. Most don’t have any kind of fancy stand out technology, they’re just painted a bright color. Green seems to be most popular, but you can also find them in yellow and red.
There are even a few different colors in the same model!
The most popular tape measure is definitely the one made by Milwaukee. It’s generally green and it’s usually slightly longer than the other models. This makes it very easy to find if you drop it on the ground.
The next best thing about it is that you can extend the tape up to sixteen feet! This makes it incredibly easy to mark out objects that are a long way off. However, this amazing feature does come at a price. It’s slightly heavier than other products on the market and it’s also two or three times as expensive.
That being said, most professional users agree that it’s definitely worth the money. A reliable measuring device can make the difference between a good and bad day on the job. If you plan on doing a lot of carpentry or other types of construction, then you really need to buy one of these.
People who aren’t quite as mobile will also appreciate this feature. Some old people and young children don’t move around too much and have a hard time seeing things that are far away. These users can still easily get the measurement they need by using this product.
It’s also great for getting out of the car to measure the distance to a mailbox or a tree.
However, there are some users that don’t find this feature particularly useful. They would prefer a tape measure that is easier to carry around in their pocket and one that is half the weight. If you don’t plan on using the extended measure very often, then you might want to consider one of the other products on our list.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Tape measure with extended standout (JM Critelli, WC Blackman, ET Gilliam… – US Patent …, 2007 – Google Patents)
- Tape measure with extended standout (JM Critelli, WC Blackman, ET Gilliam… – US Patent …, 2009 – Google Patents)
- Tape Measure with Tape Blade Profile Increasing Tape Standout (JF Vitas, AA Khangar – US Patent App. 16/113,695, 2019 – Google Patents)
- Rule assembly with increased blade standout (JC Murray – US Patent 6,324,769, 2001 – Google Patents)
- Tape measure with tape blade profile increasing tape standout (JF Vitas, AA Khangar – US Patent 10,422,617, 2019 – Google Patents)
- Tape measure with tape blade profile increasing tape standout (JF Vitas, AA Khangar – US Patent 10,697,747, 2020 – Google Patents)
- Rule assembly with increased blade standout (JC Murray – US Patent 6,643,947, 2003 – Google Patents)