Milwaukee M18 Right Angle Impact Driver Review
The Milwakee County Sheriff’s Department (MCSD) has been using a special type of tool called a “Right Angle Impact Wrench” since at least 2002. The department purchased these tools from DeWalt Corporation, which was acquired by Milwaukee Tool Company in 2005. The MCSD uses the M18 right angle impact driver to cut through metal doors and windows with little effort or damage to the door or window frame. The M18 is not only effective, but it is very easy to use.
Milwaukee Tool Company manufactured the M18 right angle impact driver in two different sizes: one for cutting through solid wood and another for cutting through plastic sheeting. Both models are made of hardened steel and feature a hexagonal head designed to fit into the socket on most standard sockets. They have a 12 inch long handle with rubber grip tips. The M18R model weighs 3 pounds while the M18L model weighs 2.5 pounds.
DeWalt Corporation manufactures several types of impact wrenches including the M18R and L models. These models are made of hardened steel and feature a hexagonal head designed to fit into the socket on most standard sockets. They have a 14 inch long handle with rubber grip tips. The M19R model weighs 4 pounds while the M19L model weights 3 pounds.
These tools are also used by the U.S. Navy, which purchased its first right angle impact driver in 2006. They use the product to open and close doors on ships, submarines, and aircraft carriers for security reasons and for damage control in the event of an emergency.
Right angle impact drivers are relatively new products that were not commercially sold until 2002. The Milwaukee Company was one of the first manufacturers to produce the device.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Best Compact Drill for Electricians: Top 5 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2018 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Cordless Hammer Drill For Electricians: Our Top 4 Picks of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Impact Driver Bit Set: Top 5 Picks of 2020 (E Mentor – 2018 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Electric Impact Wrench: Top 5 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2018 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Jobsite Radio: Our Top 6 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Nut Driver Set: Our Top 5 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Flashlight with bracket device for cordless drill (JV Gillette – US Patent 6,729,743, 2004 – Google Patents)
- Best Step Drill Bit: Top 5 Unibits of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Power tools, battery chargers and batteries (DP Serdynski, BJ Miller, SD Bublitz… – US Patent …, 2009 – Google Patents)