Milwaukee M18 FUEL Compact Sectional Machine
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL compact sewer machine was designed to meet the needs of the city’s growing population. They were manufactured from 1894 until 1936. There are three models: the first model was called “M” (for medium) and had a capacity of 100 cubic feet per minute; the second model was called “F” (for full) and had a capacity of 200 cubic feet per minute; the third model was called “S” (for special) and had a capacity of 300 cubic feet per minute.
In addition to its use as a sewer disposal system, they could also be used as sanitary sewers. In some cases, they were installed in private homes or businesses to eliminate unsanitary conditions in these areas. They could even be connected into existing water mains for distribution throughout the city.
Milwaukee M18 FUEL Compact Sewer Machine Specifications:
Manufacturer: Milwaukee Sewage Works Company
Model Number: M18 FUEL (Full Capacity)
Capacity: 100 cu. ft./min. at 20 psi, 200 cpm/min. at 30 psi
Type of Material Used in Construction: Steel with Aluminum Frame and Brass End Caps
Dimensions Overall Length : 75 in., Width : 60 in.
Weight : 300 lbs.
Connections: (2) female JIC
Sewer History from 1800s to the 1880s from Tech Council of Ohio.
The Age of Infrastructure: Building a New Republic, 1820-1880 from PBS.org.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Power tool including a fuel gauge and method of operating the same (N Uehlein-Proctor, JS Holly, MJ Mergener – US Patent 7,649,337, 2010 – Google Patents)
- High speed, high power, single phase brushless DC motor (M Gaser, R Kavanaugh – US Patent 5,041,749, 1991 – Google Patents)
- Human-carried work machine powered by hybrid drive system (K Yanagihara – US Patent App. 14/007,049, 2014 – Google Patents)
- Electrical safety lockout mechanism for power tools and other hazardous machinery (TE Feil – US Patent 7,075,195, 2006 – Google Patents)
- Battery time monitor for cellular telephone (TM Burke – US Patent 5,248,929, 1993 – Google Patents)
- Brushless motor for a power tool (AT Beyerl, K Boulanger, A Huber, WA Elger… – US Patent …, 2019 – Google Patents)
- Brushless motor for a power tool (AT Beyerl, K Boulanger, A Huber, WA Elger… – US Patent …, 2020 – Google Patents)
- Electrical safety lockout mechanism for power tools and other hazardous machinery (TE Feil – US Patent 7,391,134, 2008 – Google Patents)