Milwaukee M18 Fuel 8″ Cordless Metal Cutting Saw Review | 2982-20: What Is A Cordless Metal Cutter?
A corded metal cutter (or CMMC) is a type of machine tool used for cutting or shaping materials such as plastic, wood, paper, etc. They are usually operated by hand but they can also be powered with electricity. There are many types of CMMCs available today including electric ones and manual ones. Some are designed specifically for specific jobs while others are general purpose machines.
The most common type of cordless metal cutter is the one that uses batteries to cut material. These include power drills, reciprocating saws, table saws, band saws and other types. There are also some models that use compressed air. However there are several advantages and disadvantages of each type of tool depending upon what kind of work you want to do and how much time you have available.
Advantages Of Electric Cords And Power Drills:
They require less maintenance than other types of machinery. You don’t need to keep them running all the time like you would with a traditional machine. They are easy to operate and can be set up quickly when needed. The battery powered drill may not last forever so it’s good if you replace it every few years.
Batteries can be expensive but they are easy to replace.
Some Disadvantages Of Power Drills:
They are much bigger and bulkier than other tools and may be a little hard to handle for some people. They can sometimes vibrate a lot when in use so you may need to use a proper grip to hold them properly. In addition to this, larger drills can be heavy so you may need to build up your strength before using them.
Advantages Of Air Compressor Power Tools:
These tools are relatively lightweight since they do not need bulky power cables. They are powerful and fast, making them perfect for many projects. The only main disadvantage is that the compressed air tank needs to be refilled every so often.
Some Disadvantages Of Air Compressor Power Tools:
The compressed air tanks can be expensive and you will probably have to replace them at some point during their lifespan.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Best Cordless Hammer Drill For Electricians: Our Top 4 Picks of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Battery pack (TW Johnson, DJ Grzybowski, MA Kubale… – US Patent App. 11 …, 2008 – Google Patents)
- Battery pack (TW Johnson, DJ Grzybowski, MA Kubale… – US Patent …, 2007 – Google Patents)
- Battery charger and assembly (JM Zeiler, TW Johnson, DJ Rozwadowski… – US Patent …, 2010 – Google Patents)
- Lithium-based battery pack for a high current draw, hand held power tool (TW Johnson, DJ Grzybowski, MA Kubale… – US Patent …, 2011 – Google Patents)
- Lithium-based battery pack for a hand-held power tool (TW Johnson, DJ Grzybowski, MA Kubale… – US Patent …, 2009 – Google Patents)