Milwaukee M18 Fuel 7-1/4″ Miter Saw Review: Pros & Cons
+ Good price (under $300)
+ Easy to use and operate
+ Great value for money
– No dust collection system included with the tool
– Not very durable or strong enough for heavy duty work like cutting through thick plywood or solid wood panels – not recommended for those jobs!
– Not very easy to maneuver around tight spaces due to its small size
– Does not have a dust collection system, so it will leave a big mess behind when you’re finished working on your project.
What’s good about this tool?
The best thing about this tool is that it comes with a dust collection system. You don’t need to buy another one if you don’t want to. However, there are some drawbacks with this product:
1. The blade does not come sharpened, but rather dulled out.
So be careful when using it!
2. It does not have a laser guide, which doesn’t matter much since it has the ability to create straight and accurate cuts.
3. The tool is made out of metal, but a lot of plastic parts are integrated on this tool.
So if you’re heavy-handed or accident-prone then this tool might not be for you.
What can go wrong with this tool?
The blade might become slightly wobbly after several uses or changes in temperatures. This can be fixed by tightening the screws that hold the blade in place.
The tool is designed to cut through a maximum of 2-inch thick material at most. Attempting to cut through anything thicker than 2 inches might break or bend the saw’s base plate.
in addition, leaving the miter saw running for a very long time might overheat the tool. Always allow a 10-minute cooling period after using this device for more than a few minutes.
Here are some tips to extend the lifespan and maximize the performance of this tool:
1. Always use a push stick whenever possible to avoid direct contact with the saw’s blade.
2. The blade should be regularly checked for any damage, nicks or burrs.
Do not work with a damaged blade since it is more likely to shatter while in use.
3. Remember to allow the tool to cool down for at least 10 minutes before putting it away.
Leaving a hot tool in a storage space can damage the surrounding materials.
This is an excellent, durable tool that will give you years of good service if used and maintained properly. If you are looking for a miter saw that’s easy-to-use and gives accurate cuts, then this is the right saw for you.
Whether you are a professional or an amateur, I am sure you will find this tool very useful whenever you need to make accurate cross or lengthwise cuts on different materials.
There are a lot of expensive miter saws out in the market right now. However, if you are on a limited budget and is looking for good quality then this is a great choice.
This is an entry-level miter saw that does not break the bank.
– 14 Amp motor provides ample power to cut through hard or soft wood materials.
– Easy to adjust and read bevel and miter settings for more accurate cuts.
– Additional external teeth underneath the blade that allows for increased grip when cutting through materials, such as wood. This is very useful when cutting denser woods like oak or hardwoods.
– Quick release lever for fast and easy blade changing.
– Dust collection port that connects directly to a dust collector. This is very useful when working on a big project as it prevents the buildup of dust.
If you are looking for a miter saw to tackle on different home improvement projects then this powerful yet compact tool will surely come in handy whenever you need it.
We recommend this tool to homeowners who want the best bang for their buck. With this tool, you will be able to easily cut several materials like wood, tile, and metal pipes.
Users of this product have attested that it’s very durable and can withstand prolonged and regular usage. The only negative feedback about this product is that it does not come with a carrying case.
This is a fairly priced miter saw that has a high rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
This tool has everything that you need for accurate and clean cuts every time.
Whether you are a professional or an amateur, this miter saw will serve all your basic needs.
Makita LS1016L 10-inch Dual Laser Miter Saw
This is one of the most popular miter saws from Makita. It has a powerful motor that can cut through several types of materials with great ease.
This tool has a very sleek and durable design. It has a wide base with rubber feet that provide increased stability when working.
The handle is designed to be very comfortable and also provides a firm grip on the saw.
The LS1016L comes with several innovative features that make cutting an easy and fast process. Let us look at some of these features in greater detail.
– Total unit weight of 46 pounds.
– 10-inch precision-machined steel saw blade for accurate and clean cuts.
– Two built-in lasers (horizontal and vertical) that allow you to make accurate cross and rip cuts.
– Integrated rail system that allows for quick and easy adjustments of the saw’s arm and fence.
– Large support wings that improve stability and accuracy of cuts.
– Durable construction with a strong cast iron base.
The integrated laser beams are very helpful when making cross and rip cuts. They provide the user with an accurate guideline that allows for faster and cleaner cuts.
The 10-inch precision-machined steel blade is able to handle a wide range of materials with ease.
The large support wings provide extra stability when cutting through large pieces of wood. This is especially useful when making rip cuts on 2 by lumber or plywood sheets.
It is a heavy-duty tool that is specifically designed for professional contractors and carpenters. It has an amazing 4.5 out of 5 star rating on Amazon.
Users of this product have given it rave reviews and most of them have nothing but good things to say about it.
Users find the large support wings to be very useful when cutting through large pieces of wood. They also like the fact that you can make bevel cuts with great ease.
The rail system allows for easy and accurate adjustments when changing the position of the arm and fence. This is very useful especially when switching from one task to another.
A small percentage of users have reported that the product was faulty when they first got it. Sometimes the bevel wouldn’t work properly or the saw blade would get stuck on the inside of the casing.
However, Makita offers great customer service and any problems with the product are dealt with immediately. All defective parts are replaced and shipping is even covered by the company.
This just goes to show that this company truly stands behind their products.
There is only one main issue that has been concerning some of the users and that is the price. At nearly $1,000 some people believe it’s a little overpriced.
However, if you compare it to other professional grade miter saws, it’s about average.
Makita is a well-respected company that manufactures high quality tools. The LS1016L is a great example of a superior product that will last you for many years.
Its innovative features and wide range of capabilities make this product a great choice for someone looking to buy a miter saw.
Best Miter Saw under $200
Black & Decker MS0850B
If you’re looking for a miter saw that is affordable yet still has all of the features you need to get the job done, then the Black and Decker MS0850B is an excellent choice. This a great miter saw for anyone who only needs to do light work from time to time.
The Black and Decker MS0850B has been given 4.5 out of 5 stars by Amazon reviewers.
This miter saw has a 12-inch dual slide system that allows for a wide range of accurate and straight cuts. The aluminum and steel construction is lightweight yet durable enough to handle repeated use.
This saw’s rubberized feet help to prevent slipping and sliding while in use.
It features a pivoting head that allow for bevel cuts at any angle between 0 and 50 degrees.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Power tool (DW Allen, SR Fischer, PA Banach, SL Berg – US Patent 8,640,346, 2014 – Google Patents)
- Heptalogium ex diversis paginis atque auctorum officinis congestum (V Wellendorffer – books.google.com)
- Strength and Serviceability Performances of Southern Yellow Pine Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) and CLT-Glulam Composite Beam (M Gu – 2017 – search.proquest.com)