Milwaukee Cordless Dual Bevel Miter Saw Review: Pros & Cons
1) No need to buy expensive corded miter saw.
You can get it at low price from amazon or other online stores.
2) The blade angle is adjustable.
3) It comes with a dust cover which makes it more convenient when working around the house or garage.
4) Its easy to use and has good performance.
5) It has a built-in safety feature.
When the power button is pressed, the motor will stop spinning and keep it away from your body. If you don’t press the power button, then the motor will continue to run until it overheats or blows up.
1) The blades are not sharp enough for most jobs.
2) It’s not very powerful.
3) It doesn’t have a battery backup.
You’ll need to purchase one separately if you want to use it outside.
4) You can’t use it for big jobs because it will overheat and stop working.
5) It doesn’t have a dust blower so the dust gets clogged inside the machine.
6) It’s very heavy and difficult to handle.
7) The clamp is not very durable and breaks easily.
8) The saw blade tray is flimsy.
9) The safety button is on the top, which makes it inconvenient to use.
You have to reach above your head in order to turn it on and off.
10) It vibrates a lot when used for extended periods of time.
11) It’s not made in USA and has Chinese writing all over the place.
12) It doesn’t come with a laser guide.
13) The battery is hard to fit inside the compartment.
14) It’s very expensive even on online stores.
15) The motor gets very hot after 5-10 minutes of use which can be dangerous.
16) It doesn’t come with a case or bag for easier transportation. You’ll need to purchase one separately if you want to carry it around.
Final Verdict This is not a tool that you should buy, unless it’s the only one left and you absolutely need a miter saw right now.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Miter saw having a light beam alignment system (DG Peot, PF Minalga, GM Hornick, WC Buck… – US Patent …, 2004 – Google Patents)
- Combination table-miter saw safety system (JC Janson – US Patent 8,220,372, 2012 – Google Patents)
- Miter saw having a light beam alignment system (DG Peot, PF Minalga, GM Hornick, WC Buck… – US Patent …, 2008 – Google Patents)
- Combination table-miter saw safety system (JC Janson – US Patent 8,485,078, 2013 – Google Patents)
- Bevel adjustment assembly for a saw (JD Hetcher, MD Willer, DJ Cerney, WA Elger… – US Patent …, 2009 – Google Patents)
- Portable electric cutting and scoring saw (PE Fiala – US Patent 5,287,786, 1994 – Google Patents)
- Portable electric circular saw (J Iwasaki, S Ihara – US Patent 4,589,208, 1986 – Google Patents)
- Miter saw with cutting alignment device on a dust chute (WT Pierga, MJ Lawlor – US Patent 8,272,303, 2012 – Google Patents)