Milwaukee 6519-31 Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Kit Review: Pros & Cons
1) It’s affordable (around $200).
You don’t need to spend much money on it. Even if you have some extra cash, you can still get one of these saws for cheap.
2) It comes with all necessary accessories like blades, wheels, etc…(you will not need any other attachments or accessories.
3) It comes with a lifetime warranty.
If something goes wrong with your saw, they will repair or replace it free of cost.
4) It comes with a very good quality blade which is made from high carbon steel.
This makes it durable and strong enough to cut through most materials easily without breaking.
1) It doesn’t come with a cordless power adapter because you won’t use it at all when using this saw kit.
2) There are no instructions included with this saw kit.
You will have to buy them separately online.
3) The blade isn’t sharp enough for cutting through thick wood like oak or maple.
However, it cuts through softwood quite well. For example, you can use it to cut out small pieces of plywood easily. Also, you can use it to cut up cardboard boxes and similar items easily too.
4) It is a little heavy (weighs around 7.
5) The base plate doesn’t have any teeth on it.
This makes the cutting process a little slower and longer than it has to be. To counteract this problem, you can use a hacksaw or miter saw after you have cut through most of the material with this saw.
6) It is not cordless.
You will need to keep a eye on the cord while you are cutting materials with it.
7) It is not as powerful as other reciprocating saws that are available (you will have to cut through thicker materials in several passes).
This is a good reciprocating saw kit for casual or part-time users. If you are a professional who needs their tools to perform at their peak all the time, then you should get a stronger saw.
The pros definitely outweigh the cons of this product. Most users will be more than satisfied with it’s performance and quality. It is a great buy for it’s price.
Moreover, this tool is very safe to use because of it’s many safety features. This is very important if you have children or pets around the house. It is a product that you can rely on for years to come. This reciprocating saw will definitely be your companion in all your future DIY projects.
Best reciprocating saw: Comparison
Product Rating Price DEWALT DCS371B 20-Amp Pancake Compound Miter Saw with Blade, 10 Inch $$$ Festool 574597 RAPIDO Reciprocating Saw, 90 KM/H $$$ Hitachi SR1MGY 5.8-Amp Reciprocating Saw with Trigger Lock $$$ Milwaukee 6519-31 Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Kit $
*All prices were current at the time of this post, but can change over time.
If you still have unanswered questions, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments section below. Also, if you have suggestions on how to improve this buying guide, let us know.
Thanks for reading!
Sources & references used in this article: