Makita 12″ Dual Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review: Pros & Cons
1) Durable and reliable blade guard (blade does not slip off the fence when cutting wood).
2) Blade guard is very easy to use.
You just need to push down on it, then slide it up and down the fence. Easy!
3) Very durable construction; no rust or corrosion issues at all.
4) The blade guard is very sturdy and strong.
It will definitely last a long time.
5) Comes with a blade guard wrench which makes it easier to adjust the angle of the fence when cutting wood.
1) Blade does not cut through hardwood like other miter saws do.
Hardwoods are harder than softwoods so they don’t easily bend and break the blade guard’s teeth. If you want to cut through hardwood, you have to buy another blade guard.
2) Blade does not cut through plywood and other light materials as well.
3) The fence is a little stiffer than most miter saws’ fences.
It is difficult to make precise cuts with it due to its stiffness. You may need to use some force when making your cuts if you want them perfectly straight.
4) There is no quick release button on the blade guard which means that you have to loosen some bolts before you can take it off.
All in all, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. This is a high quality and durable miter saw worthy of anyone’s workshop or garage.
It may not be as accurate as other more expensive models, but for most people it will work just fine. Just be sure to always use an extra precision tape measure when cutting wood.
Special tool for Miter saw:
Makita LS1216L 12-inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser Review
Makita LS1216L is a great miter saw. It has a long and sleek design.
It is easy to operate and adjust. The laser is very accurate. Its bevel adjustments are accurate as well. You can make precise cuts with it. The dust collector works very well. It greatly reduces the amount of sawdust that ends up all over the place. It is very easy to set up and use. If you don’t mind spending more money for a good quality miter saw, then you should get this one.
Makita LS1216L 12-inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser Review: Features
1) Features: This miter saw has a 12-inch dual slide rail system that allows for smooth and accurate cuts.
The laser system provides exact cuts each and every time. It has an adjustable partition that you can use to prevent waste when cutting smaller pieces of wood or material.
The positive stops allow you to easily and quickly set your miter saw at common angles. It comes with a dust blower to keep the line of sight clear and the line itself is neon, providing increased visibility even on sunny days.
2) The Good: This miter saw has been praised for its cutting accuracy and its durability.
Users also like the portability of the product. They say it is easy to transport from one job site to another and that it can be easily stored since it does not take up too much space.
3) The Bad: Some users have complained about the dust blower being broke upon purchase.
It seems that the plastic pieces in the hood break rather easily. The laser is also said to be inaccurate at times.
4) The Length: This blade is 16 inches long.
It can be extended up to 24 inches for cutting larger pieces of wood and material.
5) The Teeth: The blade has 11 teeth per inch, making it suitable for cutting both soft and hard woods.
6) The Handle: The saw has a pistol grip design that provides better control while cutting.
7) The Brand: Makita is a company that manufactures a wide variety of power tools for industrial and domestic use.
The brand is known for producing quality tools that are durably made and highly reliable.
8) The Cost:
9) The Verdict: All in all, this is a great miter saw for the money.
It is easy to set up and use. It is accurate and provides clean cuts.
It is also durable and built to last. If you don’t mind paying a bit more for it, then we definitely recommend it.
Makita LS1016L 10-Inch Laser Miter Saw Review: Features
1) Features: This miter saw has a 10-inch blade that allows you to make long and accurate cuts with ease.
It has an electric brake that stops the blade within seconds of you releasing the trigger. It also has a tool free blade changes that allow for quick and easy blade replacements.
It comes with a built in laser guide that shows you where your cut will be made. The dust blower gets rid of sawdust that hinders your line of sight.
2) The Good: Customers who have purchased and used this product say it is very accurate, well built and durable.
They also like the ease of changing the blade and the large capacity of the storage compartment.
3) The Bad: Some people have noted that the laser sometimes does not work properly right out of the box.
Since it is supposed to be one of the main features of this miter saw, this can be somewhat concerning.
4) The Length: The blade is 10 inches long.
It can be extended to a total length of 20 inches, allowing you to make longer and more accurate cuts.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Miter saw having a light beam alignment system (DG Peot, PF Minalga, GM Hornick, WC Buck… – US Patent …, 2004 – Google Patents)
- Adjustable fence for compound miter saw (ML O’banion, DS Meredith – US Patent 6,899,005, 2005 – Google Patents)
- Electric miter saw (GQ Hu – US Patent 7,752,950, 2010 – Google Patents)
- Miter saw (S Ushiwata, R Imamura, H Terashima – US Patent 7,997,177, 2011 – Google Patents)
- Miter saw having a light beam alignment system (DG Peot, PF Minalga, GM Hornick, WC Buck… – US Patent …, 2008 – Google Patents)
- Pull-rod locking device for a miter saw (K Park, K Xu – US Patent App. 13/195,136, 2012 – Google Patents)
- Bevel adjustment assembly for a saw (JD Hetcher, MD Willer, DJ Cerney, WA Elger… – US Patent …, 2009 – Google Patents)