KREG CLAMP SYSTEM
The Kreg bench clamp system is a simple yet effective way to hold your workpiece while it is being worked on. With just two bolts and three washers, you can easily make use of the Kreg clamps to secure your workpieces without having to spend time drilling holes or using other methods.
You will have no problem securing your pieces with these clamps either when working with wood, plastic, metal or even glass!
The best part?
These clamps are made from high quality materials and come in various sizes so you can choose the one that fits your needs best.
When choosing which size clamps to buy, you need to consider several factors such as how wide your piece is going to be, how long it will be and what kind of material it is. To determine if they are right for you, measure the width of your piece and then divide that measurement by four (4).
If the result is less than 4, you may want to go with a smaller size. If the result is greater than 4, try a larger one.
While you could use the Kreg Clamping System without them, using washers provides extra gripping power so you can work with material that has a little more “spring” to it. Washers also help spread out the pressure over a larger area making it easier on your material.
Kreg clamping system – how to use them
The Kreg Clamping System is very easy to use. Every clamp includes two screws which are tightened to the desired position.
Then, place the clamp over the material you want to secure and tighten the bolts. That’s it! It’s really that simple to clamp your material down.
These Kreg clamps are so easy to use that there is no excuse not to make perfect joints every time. Even if you are new at building furniture or any other project, you will be able to create perfectly joined pieces using these clamps.
You can make your work more fun and your projects look better by using these Kreg Bench Clamps.
Kreg clamp system – how to choose the right one for you
When choosing a clamp, you need to consider what exactly you will be using it for. There are several different types of clamps that are designed specifically for certain tasks.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Toggle actuated bench clamp (AK Haddad – US Patent 4,475,728, 1984 – Google Patents)
- Bench dog T-track (JD Walters, GW Neubauer – US Patent App. 29/624,665, 2019 – Google Patents)
- Adjustable workpiece positioning and clamping system (SL Clark – US Patent 8,104,754, 2012 – Google Patents)
- Adjustable track clamp (SL Clark – US Patent 9,120,205, 2015 – Google Patents)
- Self-Adjusting Clamp System (SL Clark – US Patent App. 15/188,151, 2016 – Google Patents)
- Inline clamp system (FJ Good – US Patent 10,723,002, 2020 – Google Patents)
- Adjustable track clamp (SL Clark – US Patent 8,469,343, 2013 – Google Patents)
- Expandable locking mechanism and method of use (SL Clark, J Gibson, J Svec – US Patent App. 14/825,733, 2016 – Google Patents)