Kobalt High Torque Impact Wrench Long-Term Review: What’s it all About?
The high torque impact wrenches are used to perform various tasks such as drilling holes, cutting metal, removing nails or bolts, etc. They have been around since the 1950s and they continue to be popular today due to their durability and low price tag. They come in many different sizes and shapes including a variety of colors.
High torque impact wrenches are available in a wide range of materials and designs. However, most of them are made from steel with aluminum alloy components being the next best thing. Steel is strong enough to do the job but not too heavy so they don’t weigh down your workbench when you’re using one. Aluminum alloy components are lighter than steel yet stronger than aluminum alloys used in other types of tools.
Kobalt makes several models of high torque impact wrenches which include the following:
Kobalt 24V Impact Driver – This model features a long lasting design and comes in a variety of finishes. It is designed to handle fastening screws, nuts, washers and bolts up to 2mm in diameter. It offers three speeds (high, medium and low) along with reverse safety feature. This tool weighs 3 ounces (90 grams).
Kobalt 24V High-Torque 1/2 Impact Wrench – This 2 pound (900 gram) tool is suitable for jobs which involve higher torque requirements such as car repair or maintenance, assembly line work or other industrial settings. It has a long lasting design and is available in a wide range of attractive finishes. It offers three speeds (high, medium and low) along with a convenient belt hook.
Kobalt 1/2 Drive XTREME 18V Cordless Impact Wrench – This cordless impact wrench operates off a high capacity rechargeable 18V battery pack and features a long lasting design. It is suitable for automotive maintenance or repairs as well as heavy duty assembly line work. It is very compact and comes in a variety of attractive finishes.
Kobalt 1/2 Drive 24V Cordless Impact Wrench – This heavy duty impact wrench is suitable for a wide range of demanding jobs. It is very durable and comes in a variety of attractive finishes. It features an easy to read power meter and offers three settings (high, medium and low).
Kobalt 1/2 Drive 18V Cordless Impact Wrench – This cordless impact wrench operates off a high capacity rechargeable 18V battery pack. It is suitable for jobs which require a high degree of torque. It features an easy to read power meter and comes in a durable metal case for convenient storage or transport.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Driving toward accessibility: a review of technological improvements for electric machines, power electronics, and batteries for electric and hybrid vehicles (B Sarlioglu, CT Morris, D Han… – IEEE Industry Applications …, 2016 – ieeexplore.ieee.org)
- A critical review of thermal management models and solutions of lithium-ion batteries for the development of pure electric vehicles (Q Wang, B Jiang, B Li, Y Yan – … and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2016 – Elsevier)
- Technological Alternatives for the Conservation of Strategic and Critical Minerals–cobalt, Chromium, Manganese, and Platinum-group Metals: A Review (RJ Foster – 1985 – books.google.com)
- Evaluation of screw loosening on new abutment screws and after successive tightening (GS Barbosa, JP Silva-Neto… – Brazilian dental …, 2011 – SciELO Brasil)
- Modeling, Design Optimization, and Applications of Switched Reluctance Machines—A Review (S Li, S Zhang, TG Habetler… – IEEE Transactions on …, 2019 – ieeexplore.ieee.org)
- Emergence of energy storage technologies as the solution for reliable operation of smart power systems: A review (S Koohi-Kamali, VV Tyagi, NA Rahim… – … Energy Reviews, 2013 – Elsevier)
- A review of Battery Electric Vehicle technology and readiness levels (AM Andwari, A Pesiridis, S Rajoo… – … Energy Reviews, 2017 – Elsevier)
- Challenges and opportunities of electric machines for renewable energy (KT Chau, W Li, CHT Lee – Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 2012 – jpier.org)
- Electromechanical Actuation for Business Aircraft (DK Bird – 1979 – sae.org)