Klein Tools Adjustable Length Screwdriver Review
Adjustable length screwdrivers are used to adjust the depth of screws in various applications such as car body repair, electrical work, and even plumbing repairs. These tools come with different lengths ranging from 1/4 inch to 3 inches. They have a variety of uses including driving into holes to tighten bolts or unscrew nuts without having to remove your hands from the tool.
The first thing you need to do when buying an adjustable screwdriver is to determine what type of screw it is. There are three types: Phillips, T-Nuts, and Flathead. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, flatheads tend to slip out of sockets easier than other types while Phillips heads don’t slip out as easily but they’re harder to sharpen because they’re made with a hard metal rather than plastic like the others.
There are two ways to use an adjustable screwdriver. You can either drive it straight into the hole and then turn it until the screw is tight or you can push down on the handle to rotate it so that you’re tightening a screw. If you’re using a Phillips head, there’s no way of turning the screwdriver without removing your hand from it. That’s why you hold the screwdriver just below the head so that your wrist won’t tire out as quickly.
Klein Tools is a company that has been around since 1857. They’re known for making high-quality hand tools and equipment for electricians, plumbers, and carpenters. In fact, they were one of the first companies in the country to make porcelain enameled wire for electrical use. Even though they’ve been making tools for 160 years, they continue to innovate their equipment.
They specialize in creating tools that last a lifetime.
Klein Tools has been the choice of professional tradesmen for generations. Their reputation for quality and durability has made them the first name that comes to mind whenever there’s a job that needs to be done. If you’re looking for adjustable screwdrivers, then you need look no further than the company that’s been around since before the civil war.
These are their best adjustable screwdrivers that you can choose from.
Klein Tools 685-12 Aluminum Handle Adjustable Screwdriver
The handle of this tool is made of anodized aluminum and the shank is made of chrome-vanadium steel. It measures 1/4 of an inch and has a slip-resistant grip for easy use. It has a non-roll design so it won’t roll off your work surface. This screwdriver comes with a lifetime warranty.
Klein Tools 685-16 Aluminum Handle Adjustable Screwdriver
This tool is very similar to the one listed above but it has a longer handle at 3/8 of an inch. It also has a non-roll design and also comes with a lifetime warranty.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Top 5 Best Linesman Pliers for Electricians (2020 Review) (E Mentor – 2018 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Tool Backpack for Electricians (Top 5 Picks of 2020) (E Mentor – 2019 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Electrician Tool Bag: Our Top 6 Picks of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Punch Down Tool: Top 5 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best Laser Distance Measure (Our Top 6 of 2020) (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Best LED Flashlight for Electricians: Top 5 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2017 – electricianmentor.com)
- Workplace risk factors and occupational musculoskeletal disorders, Part 2: A review of biomechanical and psychophysical research on risk factors associated with … (WM Keyserling – AIHAJ-American Industrial Hygiene Association, 2000 – Taylor & Francis)
- Forensic physical fits in trace evidence discipline: A review (E Brooks, M Prusinowski, S Gross, T Trejos – Forensic Science International, 2020 – Elsevier)
- Manual tool for de-burring tube ends (AT Pena – US Patent App. 11/901,763, 2009 – Google Patents)