Klein Magnetic Tape Measure Review with Double Hook
The Klein magnetic tape measure is one of the most popular tape measures in the market today. They are available in different sizes ranging from 1/2 inch to 32 feet.
These tapes have been used since the early 1900’s and they continue to provide excellent results when measuring any type of material such as metal, wood, plastic or even glass. There are two types of magnetic tapes: double hook and single hook. A double hook magnetic tape measure has two hooks at each end which allow you to attach it to your belt loop or other object. Single hook magnetic tapes do not have these features and require you to use a screwdriver or similar tool to attach them.
Double Hook Magnetic Tape Measures
A double hook magnetic tape measure is useful because it allows you to easily measure large areas without having to bend over and then reach around the edge of the table. Some double hook magnetic tapes have hooks at both ends so you can measure a larger area than just one side.
Single Hook Magnetic Tape Measures
A single hook magnetic tape measure does not have these features and requires you to reach around the edge of the table first before measuring anything. You will need to make sure that there is no obstructions between your hand and the tape or else you may accidentally cut yourself while trying to take off the wrong amount of tape!
Klein Magnetic Tape Measure
The Klein Company is a manufacturer of tools and equipment for professional and home use. You may be familiar with their line of ratchets and sockets that are designed to help you take off any type of bolt or nut.
The company was established in the 1890’s by Charles Klein who worked as a machinist for another company.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Best Tape Measure for Electricians: Top 5 of 2020 (E Mentor – 2018 – electricianmentor.com)
- The potential of dielectrophoresis for single-cell experiments (GA Klein – 2017 – MIT press)
- Nitric oxide mediates the inhibitory effects of SDPNFLRFamide, a nematode FMRFamide-related neuropeptide, in Ascaris suum (T Muller, A Pfennig, P Klein, G Gradl… – IEEE engineering in …, 2003 – ieeexplore.ieee.org)
- New features in type IV solar radio emission: combined effects of plasma wave resonances and MHD waves (…, DP Thompson, RD Klein… – Journal of …, 1995 – journals.physiology.org)
- Multi-functional fishing box (…, M Poquerusse, JL Bougeret, KL Klein… – Astronomy and …, 1998 – adsabs.harvard.edu)
- Macrophage adiponectin expression improves insulin sensitivity and protects against inflammation and atherosclerosis (TG Chavez, RA Espinoza – US Patent App. 11/898,573, 2009 – Google Patents)
- Systems and control software for the Atacama Cosmology Telescope (N Luo, J Liu, BH Chung, Q Yang, RL Klein… – Diabetes, 2010 – Am Diabetes Assoc)