Klein Kurve Heavy Duty Wire Stripper 8-18 AWG
The Klein Kurve Heavy Duty Wire Stripper 8-18 AWG is one of the most popular wire strippers available today. It was originally designed by Karl Klein in Germany in 1887. Today it’s manufactured by Klein Tools Inc., which is based out of San Jose, California.
It’s main competitors are the Milwaukee KSM, the DeWalt DWM20 and the Stanley STN40.
• High quality construction with all metal housing, stainless steel blades and jaws, hardened steel shank and spring loaded striker pin.
• Heavy duty design allows for easy handling even when working with large amounts of wire.
• Stainless steel handles have a black powder coating to prevent rusting.
• Two speed settings allow for fast or slow stripping.
• Slide switch for quick and easy switching between speeds.
Weight: 1 lb 4 oz (0.5 kg) Length: 7″ (17 cm) Width at base: 2 3/4″ (6 cm) Height from handle to tip of blade: 5/8″ (1.3 cm). Blade length at widest point: 6″ (15 cm).
• Heavy duty construction. Originally designed and manufactured by the Klein Tool Company, it has been popular among professional electricians for over 100 years.
• Durable. The spring-loaded striker pin combined with high quality blades and stainless steel material ensure longevity of the original sharp edges.
• All metal design. The model is equipped with non-slip handles and does not have a plastic or rubber grip that may fall off with extended use.
• Blades can be reversed or changed to suit the task at hand.
• Comes with a storage case.
• Somewhat expensive. The unit is one of the most expensive on the market, but is still about $10 cheaper than the next most popular brand (Milwaukee).
Who is it for?
Electricians, handymen, homeowners and anyone who works with electrical wire.
Why choose it?
Because you can’t afford to buy the cheapest option on the market (about $20) and don’t want to spend over $100 on a unit. The price is just right. It’s very durable and will certainly last you several years of daily use.
If you want to know more about this tool you can read a comprehensive review here:
Klein Tools Kurve Heavy Duty Stripping Tool Review
Or take a look at the product’s page here:
Klein Tools Kurve Heavy Duty Stripping Tool
We wish you well on your project and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
The Tool Freaks Team
Lars and Tim
Sources & references used in this article:
- Electron microscopic and spectroscopic characterization for soot source differentiation by laser derivatization (CK Gaddam – 2015 – search.proquest.com)