Jabra Stealth Review: What Is It?
The Jabra Steel Bluetooth Headset is a brand new wireless headset from the company. Its design is very unique, and it looks like something out of a science fiction movie. It comes with two different colors; black and white. The black color is pretty much invisible, but the white one makes your ears stand out a bit more. There are no buttons or controls on this headset at all! You simply press the button on the right ear cup, and then you hear a tone. If you want to make calls, just use your phone’s microphone. If you don’t have any other devices connected to your phone, you will not be able to make calls using this headset.
You can choose between three different models of this headset:
– Stealth – A plain looking headphone with no branding whatsoever.
– Stealth Plus – Looks exactly the same as the Stealth model, except it has a little logo on top of the left ear cup.
– Stealth Pro – Has a small sticker on top of the right ear cup. It says “PRO” and shows a picture of a pro wrestler holding up his finger while wearing sunglasses. It looks pretty cool!
How Does It Sound?
The sound quality of this headset is great! I can turn my volume all the way up on my phone, and not have to worry about missing any calls or conversations while I am listening to music. My favorite feature of this headset is the ability to listen to two different audio sources at the same time! One ear cup acts as a mono ear cup, and the other one acts as a stereo ear cup. If you have two different audio sources, you can hear both of the at the same time. For example, I can be listening to my music on one side, and if someone calls me I can just press a button to answer the call in the other ear cup!
The adjustable headband makes this headset really comfortable to wear for long periods of time, although it is a little heavy. This headset is for people who are on the go, and don’t have time to mess around with their headsets. This is my first bluetooth headset, but it definitely won’t be my last! My favorite part about this headset though is that it comes in two different colors; black and white. The black one is almost completely invisible when you wear it, which makes it perfect for when I am biking or rollerblading around town.
If you want to learn more about this headset, check it out here:
Best Bluetooth Headsets For Truckers 2017
How To Use The Jabra Stealth Headset
The new jabra stealth headset comes with a new modern design that is truly unique and looks like something out of the future. There are no buttons on the actual headset itself, and instead all the controls are done through voice and tap technology. The whole headset can be configured to your specific preferences.
The headset comes with a carrying case, a usb charger, and several different size ear pieces to fit all ear types.
To start using your new bluetooth headset, follow these steps:
1. Unbox the new headset from its packaging.
2. Place the battery into the compartment in the back of the headset.
The battery should slides into place, and will make a clicking sound when it is in properly.
3. Place the headset on your ear and use the tap technology to turn it on.
4. When you get a call, tap the right side of the headset once for accept, and twice for decline.
5. To have a conversation, all you have to do is speak normally into the headset
6. To activate voice dialing, tap and hold the headset for two seconds
7. To turn the headset off, tap it once
8. Plug the usb charger into the headset and then plug it into your computer
9. Wait for the battery to finish charging, indicating by a solid green light.
10. To pair your headset with your phone follow the bluetooth steps listed in your phones bluetooth capabilities
Jabra Stealth Pros And Cons
Pro: The headset comes with several different ear pieces, so that you can pick the one that fits you and provides you with the best sound.
Pro: There are also several earwax protection pieces that you can switch out, so you do not get sore from wearing the headset
Pro: The headset is very lightweight, and the way it is designed does not put pressure on your ears or your head.
Pro: The bluetooth has range up to 33 feet, so you have plenty of space to move around in.
Con: The headset can feel a little buggy when you are answering calls, and you have to be careful about tapping too hard or not hard enough.
Con: Sometimes the bluetooth will stop connecting with your phone, and you will need to go through the reconnecting steps.
Con: Due to the way the headset fits on your ear, it is prone to falling off if you are active.
If you are looking for a great gift for a truck driver in your life, then the jabra stealth is a great option. It looks cool, and has all the features that a long haul driver needs to make life on the road a little easier. The sleek headset is durable and will last as long as you need it to.
Jabra makes fantastic products, and they have a great reputation in the industry. You can’t go wrong with this headset!
Sources & references used in this article:
- Compact wireless headset (C Janik, RF Young – US Patent App. 11/973,708, 2008 – Google Patents)
- In-ear headphones (R Sapiejewski, WW Tice, JM Harlow, IM Collier… – US Patent …, 2011 – Google Patents)
- Wireless headset system for the automobile (C Janik – US Patent App. 11/546,038, 2007 – Google Patents)
- Saving private addresses: an analysis of privacy issues in the bluetooth-low-energy advertising mechanism (G Celosia, M Cunche – Proceedings of the 16th EAI International …, 2019 – dl.acm.org)
- Wireless headset system for the automobile (C Janik – US Patent 8,099,141, 2012 – Google Patents)
- Earphones (M Monahan, KP Annunziato, IM Collier… – US Patent …, 2015 – Google Patents)
- 2010 Techno-Gift Guide (J Allen – GPSolo, 2010 – HeinOnline)