DeWalt DWS780 12-Inch Compound Sliding Miter Saw Review: Pros & Cons
1) Low price (around $300).
2) Good value for money.
3) Easy to use.
You don’t need any special skills or tools to operate it. It’s just like using a regular table saw!
4) Great for small jobs.
5) Very durable.
It will last you for years to come.
1) No dust collection system.
So if there are dust particles in your work area, then it won’t be able to collect them all and they’ll get into the blades which could cause damage to the blade tips and/or make it impossible to cut properly. You might have to clean the dust off with some alcohol before cutting again.
2) If you’re planning to do large projects, then you may want to consider getting a better quality miter saw.
A good example would be the Milwaukee 8″ miter saw. It costs around $400 but it provides much higher quality than the DWS780. Another good option is the Stanley 6″ table saw. It costs around $200 but it provides high quality and durability too.
3) The miter has only one bevel limit stop at 45 degrees.
It would be better if it had at least 2 or 3, depending on how many you need.
4) The stand isn’t the best (like most miter saw stands).
If you’re going to be doing a lot of projects, you might want to consider getting a rolling tool cart or something similar to put it on.
DeWalt DWS780 12-inch Compound Miter Saw: Features
1) 12-inch compound miter saw.
2) Four positive stops (0, 15, 22.
5, and 31.6 degrees).
3) 15 Amp electric motor.
It is powerful enough to cut through even the hardest of woods with ease. You’ll be able to do a lot of different projects with this miter saw.
4) Accurate blade alignment.
The blade is always going to be perfectly aligned with the cutting edge of the wings. No more will you have to do tedious calibrations or adjustments to make sure that everything is perfectly straight.
5) Two-way bevel capabilities (0-50 and 0-56 degrees).
6) 15 Amp/1800 Watt motor.
Sources & references used in this article: