DeWalt 12V Max Pivot Reciprocating Saw Review: Pros & Cons
1) Easy to use.
You don’t need any special tools or experience to operate it. (The manual is very easy to understand.)
2) Battery life lasts for long time without draining your batteries too much.
(It’s not rechargeable.)
3) It comes with a charger which allows you to charge your batteries whenever you want.
(You don’t have to worry about charging them every day.)
4) It has a wide range of attachments, which are convenient when you’re working around the house or yard.
(It’s easy to change attachments.)
5) It comes with a variety of blades, which are useful for different types of jobs.
(They come with various blade sizes and shapes. They’re handy to choose the right one for the job.)
6) It’s compact size makes it easy to carry around.
(It fits easily into a pocket or bag.)
(At $599, it’s expensive compared to other reciprocating saws available in market).
2) Some users have complained about vibration problems with their units.
(Some users have reported that they experienced vibration issues while using their units).
3) Dust sometimes gets into the mechanism and needs to be cleaned out.
(Most other saws have a shield to prevent dust from getting in).
This is a information that tells you about features of DeWalt DCS310 12V MAX Pivot Reciprocating Saw. We also discuss about dewalt 12v reciprocating saw. It’s important to learn about dewalt 12v xtreme reciprocating saw. This information will help you a lot to select the right tool for your work.
To know more details, keep on reading.
Easy to Use and Handle
This tool is very easy to use because it has a well-placed grip that is comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver. It has a flexible shoe so that you can make cuts in a variety of positions. You can also adjust the shoe easily for flush cuts inside or outside corners.
The unit is a good performer. It has a 1.3-amp motor that gives it the power to cut through material like butter. The torque and speed delivered by this unit is perfect for users who want to make clean cuts in a wide range of materials.
The shoe can be adjusted to provide you with a better view of the cutting area. This enables you to work more precisely and with accuracy.
The unit is really durable and can last for years if you look after it well. It has a sturdy build that can withstand mild drops of up to 3 feet. However, it is not recommended that you keep dropping it from great heights.
Easy to Maintain
Cleaning this tool is easy. Debris and dust usually gets collected around the vents on the side, so check them out every now and then and wipe them clean. You also need to clean the blades after every use. The guard can be removed quite easily so that you can take a look at the inner parts and make sure everything is clean and in working condition.
The unit has an average price, which makes it a good value for your money. It gives you benefits similar to that of more expensive models.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use when working with your new saw:
1) It’s always a good idea to use safety gear while working, especially if you’re going to be using the tool regularly.
2) Before using it for the first time, make sure to charge the battery fully so that it lasts long.
If possible, buy two batteries so that you have one ready to use while the other is being charged.
3) Always wear protective gear, such as earplugs and safety glasses.
4) Before making a cut, make sure that the material you’re cutting isn’t going to move by holding it down with clamps.
This will prevent the material from moving suddenly and causing accidents.
5) If the blade begins to overheat, allow it to rest for a while so that it can cool down.
Continuing to use it will cause the motor to overheat as well.
6) Blades dull over time, so it is a good idea to have a few extra blades on hand so that you can change them as and when needed.
Using a dull blade not only shortens the life of the blade but also slows down the speed of cutting.
7) When using the tool outside, always keep an eye on where the cord is.
The last thing you want is to trip over the cord and suffer an accident.
8) If you need to make a cut on an electric cord, then always cut the cord behind the plug and throw it away after using the device.
This will prevent accidents from occurring due to faulty wiring or a frayed wire.
9) When cutting through pipes or other hard to reach areas, always use a mirror to see what’s going on in that area so that you don’t accidently get hurt.
10) Always turn the tool off when not in use. This will save the battery and prevent any accidents from occurring due to the tool turning on unexpectedly.
Tips and Tricks
How to Cut Hard-to-Reach Areas
When cutting through hard to reach areas such as pipes, etc., follow these easy steps so you don’t injure yourself:
1) Put on protective eye gear such as safety glasses.
2) Make sure the area is well ventilated.
3) Drill a hole near the top of the pipe you need to cut through.
4) Attach a length of cord or rope to the cutting blade.
5) Lower the cord and blade carefully through the pipe until it touches the bottom.
6) Tie the cord to something sturdy that won’t move.
7) Turn on your saw and make the cut.
8) After cutting is done, pull up on the cord until the blade comes out of the hole at the top.
9) Disconnect the cord from the blade and clean up any mess that may have occurred.
10) Cover the open area with a metal cap to prevent accidents.
How to Cut Through Metal
Cutting through metal can be a tedious process.
Sources & references used in this article: