DeWALT DC40V MAX BLOWER REVIEW
The most popular model of the DC series is the DC20V. It’s a small portable unit with a compact size and it can be used in almost any situation. This model comes with two fans: one fan for cooling and another one for heating up your food or drinks. They are powered by 1 x AAA battery (included) which lasts around 4 hours when working at maximum speed.
You need to plug it into a power source such as wall socket or car cigarette lighter adapter.
It’s easy to use and it works well. There are no complaints about its performance. However, there are some minor issues with its design that could cause problems if they occur during normal usage. If you’re planning to buy this product, then make sure you have enough money for the price tag before making purchase decision!
The DC20V is not very efficient and it produces less than 20% of the energy needed to run the device. That means that this unit consumes more electricity than what it actually generates. Also, this model doesn’t provide enough cooling capacity for hot environments like in summer or cold environments like in winter. So, if you plan to use this product outside, then you’ll need to invest in a better blower with higher efficiency rating.
It’s a bit bulky and heavy because of the extra battery pack, but still can be brought anywhere as long as you don’t mind carrying it around. The only problem with this unit is the short battery life, which can be solved by buying more AAA batteries or plugging it into a wall socket or car cigarette lighter adapter. This device doesn’t have any major issues and it works pretty well for its price range.
1. Portable and compact design.
2. Two different speed settings for both fan & heater.
3. Durable and well-built.
4. It’s very affordable.
1. Doesn’t produce a powerful stream of air.
2. Not designed for hot or cold environments.
3. Consumes more energy than what it actually produces.
4. Loud noise.
5. Short battery life (4 hours).
6. Takes time for the battery to get fully charged.
7. Not capable of operating in low/no temperature environment.
8. It can overheat if used continuously for more than 3 hours.
9. Not waterproof (Just water-resistant).
10. Heavy and bulky design.
11. The surface of the fan gets hot after continuous usage.
In conclusion, the DeWALT DC20V is not a perfect product. It has some minor issues that need to be fixed in order to provide better customer satisfaction. The manufacturer should also add an auto-shut off safety feature to prevent the device from overheating during continuous use within a short period of time. If these two improvements are made, then it would be easier to recommend this product.
It’s up to you whether you would like to invest in this or not.
In case you’re looking for a durable and more efficient model, then I suggest you to choose the Hurricane NB700A. This unit has better performance and it’s very popular among amazon customers. It costs around the same price range but it’s definitely well worth the price.
Thanks for reading!
Sources & references used in this article:
- In Smith (SR Price, C Oubridge, G Varani… – C.(ed.), RNA-Protein …, 1998 – tommybelanger.tripod.com)
- Residential Energy Recovery Radiant Heat System (S Sharp – 2012 – digitalcommons.unl.edu)