Craftsman Self-Propelled Battery Lawn Mower Review: Pros & Cons
• Easy to operate. You don’t need any special tools or experience to use it.
(You may have some difficulty if you are not familiar with using a power tool)
• Low maintenance. There is no need to replace batteries regularly; they last up to 10 years!
• No moving parts, which means there is less chance of causing damage during operation.
• Can run continuously for long periods of time without needing to recharge.
• Cost. If you want to buy one, it will cost you around $700-$900.
However, if you are looking at buying a cheaper model like the Craftsman V60, then it would only cost around $300-$400.
• Pricey. For most people, the price tag will make them think twice before purchasing one.
How to Choose a Craftsman Self-Propelled Battery Lawn Mower?
The first thing you should do when deciding on your next purchase is to check out its features and specifications. The easiest way of doing this is by reading the product description on the box or on its container. It would also be helpful if you already have some knowledge about electric lawn mowers, so you would know what to look for specifically.
The most important details you need to check are the cut height, the type of grass catcher, and the type of transmission. The cutting height should be around 3 inches, which is perfect for a healthy lawn.
The grass catcher should have a large capacity, which would allow you to mow the lawn several times before you have to remove the clippings. As for the transmission, it should either be a manual push or self-propelled system.
You can also ask the seller some questions about the product. It would also be a good idea if you ask a lot of questions to ensure that the product meets your needs and requirements.
How Much Does It Cost?
The price of this product will vary depending on the size of your lawn. If you only have a small yard, then you don’t really need to buy the most expensive one since it would be a waste of money and resources. On the other hand, if you have a lot of land, then you would need something with a stronger engine to handle the extra workload.
What Are the Available Features?
All mowers have a basic feature, which allows you to cut the grass and catch the clippings. However, some models also come with several features and add-ons to improve its performance. Some of these include:
• Large rear wheels – This gives you better control when mowing the lawn since it would be easier to maneuver across different terrains.
• Clumping blades – This feature helps in dispersing clippings more evenly to give your lawn a better and healthy look.
• Large grass bag – If you don’t want to clutter your lawn with grass clippings, then this is the perfect add-on for you. It has a large capacity bag that could hold several bags of grass.
These are just some of the features available for this product. There are also other add-ons that would help improve its performance, but they are not as important as the ones mentioned above.
Craftsman is a reliable brand because of their high quality and durable power tools. In fact, they have been in the industry for several years already.
You can be sure of what you’re buying because it is guaranteed to last.
Most people who own a Craftsman self-propelled mower would recommend it to their relatives and friends. It is perfect for people who have lots of land since the engine has a lot of power, which means it could handle heavy workloads.
The only problem with this lawn mower is its price, which is really expensive compared to others in the market.
The great thing about this lawn mower is it comes in a variety of models, which all have different features. You can choose the one that would match your personal preference and fit your needs and requirements.
Last but not least, Craftsman is a reliable brand that produces quality power tools. You would be able to use this for several years because of high quality parts and materials that are used.
Best Brands of Lawn Mowers
The best brands of lawn mowers would include, but are not limited to:
• Craftsman – This is probably one of the most popular brands when it comes to lawn mower manufacturing. They have been around for several decades and are well known for their excellent products and superior quality.
They have a wide variety of lawn mowers to choose from, ranging from push reel mowers to self-propelled gas powered mowers. They are a bit on the pricey side, but you definitely get what you paid for.
• Cub Cadet – This company also specializes in several types of power tools and lawn equipment. They are relatively new compared to other brands, having been established in the 1960’s.
Despite being a new company in the market they have managed to create a name for themselves because of their superior quality products at an affordable price.
There are also several other brands that you can choose from depending on your specific needs and preferences such as: John Deere, Toro, and many others. Do remember to evaluate your particular needs before making a final decision, as to what type of lawn mower would best suit you.
Whatever brand you decide to buy, make sure that it has all the features you are looking for. Also, bear in mind your budget, and even if you would need to renew or upgrade your other power tools when buying a new lawn mower.
Other than these factors, just follow your heart and pick out the lawn mower you feel is right for you. Happy mowing!
A lawn mower is one of the most important pieces of equipment you will need if you have a lawn. In this day and age, nearly everyone has some type of yard, even if it isn’t much.
If that is the case, then chances are you will need to do some lawn work every now and then. This can range from mowing the grass to trimming the bushes and trees to cutting down on tree limbs near power lines. No matter what you have to do to care for your yard, one of the tools you will need is a lawn mower.
Of course, if you are like most people, then you don’t have just a little patch of grass around the house that needs attention. Instead, your yard is probably quite large with a ton of trees and other landscaping features.
If this is the case then you would be well served by getting something a little bigger than a push mower.
That is where a riding mower comes into play. It is self-explanatory really as to what the main difference is between this and a push mower.
With a riding mower, you ride it instead of having to walk behind it and push it. This can be a great advantage if you have a lot of ground to cover and want to get the job done quickly. Just set the pace you want to go and let the machine do all the work.
Now, depending on your size and strength, a riding mower can be a great benefit. Some people actually prefer using these types of mowers simply because they don’t have to do any work at all.
If you are ready for a break, just hop on and take a ride around the yard. Just make sure the area is safe first!
One thing to remember if you are using a riding mower is safety. These machines can cause injury and even death if used improperly so stay alert, especially when children are around.
Just because they are smaller than you doesn’t mean they won’t be able to work the pedals or pull a wheel rope. Make sure to keep all gates locked and disable any electrical components such as the starter if possible.
These mowers are also quite heavy and may cause injury if tipped over or if someone runs into one. Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times when operating riding mowers.
There are several types of riding mowers to choose from no matter what brand you decide on. The actual types are garden tractors, zero turn mowers, and mini-tillers.
The name kind of says it all for these types of mowers. A garden tractor is usually the largest of these, zero turn mowers are just that, able to zero turn on a dime, and a mini-tiller is for tilling small areas.
These types all have their benefits and drawbacks just like any other piece of equipment. Of course, if you have a small yard, then it really wouldn’t make sense to get one of the large garden tractors.
This is probably more for those with multiple acres of land to maintain. Of course, if you have a large yard with lots of trees, then getting a zero turn mower would be more practical than getting a mini-tiller.
Just remember that whatever type of riding mower you get, it should be able to do what you need it to do. If you have a lot of trees to trim and bushes to mow around, then make sure the mower you pick has wide enough cutting decks to fit through.
If you want to go fast around the yard, then pick one of the zero turn models.
The last thing to think about is price. No matter what you need the riding mower for, you still don’t want to go overboard and overspend.
After all, you can get a comparably performing push mower for a lot less money than the average riding mower. Make sure to compare the pros and cons of each unit before making a purchase.
Whatever riding mower you decide on, make sure to take good care of it and it will take care of you. Mowing lawns is a lot easier when you don’t have to push a machine all over your yard and can just relax while it does all the work for you.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Battery-powered lawn cutting system (PJ Bruener, PA Tharman, IIJA Fiorenza, JL Pfaff… – US Patent …, 1997 – Google Patents)
- Lawn mower (MP Laughlin – US Patent 2,549,317, 1951 – Google Patents)
- Kit and method for converting conventional lawnmower to a robotic lawnmower (R Trissel, V Stonerock, J Longoria – US Patent App. 10/057,881, 2003 – Google Patents)
- Battery powered line trimmer arm rest (N Kikuchi – US Patent 5,265,341, 1993 – Google Patents)
- Starter and power equipment unit incorporating same (CA Wadzinski – US Patent 9,847,186, 2017 – Google Patents)
- Lawn Mower Noise (LD Blomberg, P Sawchuck – INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON …, 2017 – ingentaconnect.com)
- Lawn mower having improved deck height adjustment mechanism (DS Strong, RP Rosa, RA Jackson, SB Hunter… – US Patent …, 1996 – Google Patents)