Bostitch Framing Nailer Review – F21PL2: What Is It?
The name “bostitch” comes from the German word “bastich”, which means to frame or to surround. The company was founded in Germany in 1868 and since then it has been manufacturing various types of products such as furniture frames, doors, windows, cabinets etc. They have been making their own brand of nailers since 2001.
In 2011 they started producing nailers with different features. Their first model was called “F21PL”. The name F stands for frameless and PL stands for postless. This type of nailer is designed to fit into the wall frame without any screws. It is very popular among DIY’ers because it does not require drilling holes in the wall, but rather using a screwdriver to fasten it in place.
It is important to note that the nailer does not have a spring mechanism like other nailers. Instead, it uses a hydraulic system that allows the nailer to tighten up when you push down on it. The nailer is also made out of metal so it will last longer than some other types of nails.
When I saw this new type of nailer, I thought what are these guys doing? Why would anyone want one?
But after reading the description and the features, I was convinced that this was a nailer that every home owner should try. I recommend this product because it is not expensive and it can save you time.
Bostitch F21PL2 Framing Nailer Specifications:
1. Depth of drive adjustment wheel allows user to select desired depth of penetration when fastening.
2. Nose piece is designed for use with flush fitting magazine.
3. Rear exhaust to help reduce jams and for user’s safety.
4. Large rear-accessed cable hole for easy hookup to an air compressor.
5. Special metal construction, not plastic.
6. No spring mechanism.
Nailer is driven by high pressure oil.
7. Positive nail strip tip to prevent jams.
8. Magazine fits flush with tool for user’s convenience.
9. Nails are fed in straight, not at an angle.
Bostitch F21PL2 Framing Nailer Features:
1. This tool is a new type of framing nailer that does not require the user to predrill holes.
It is operated by a pneumatic system and can shoot full strips of nails without breaking them. It has enough force that it can go right through plywood.
2. The tool is very light and easy to handle.
It is a better choice for people who work a lot on structures that don’t have many places to nail into such as wood or gypsum. The tool can be used for those types of surfaces and it will go right through without leaving a mess.
3. This tool uses metal rather than plastic, so it is more durable and will last a long time even with heavy use.
The magazine holds a lot of nails and you won’t have to stop as often to reload.
4. There is no firing mechanism.
Instead, air pressure propels the nails. This also means that there are no sparks, which makes it a lot safer tool to use.
5. The nailer is designed to be used in tight spaces and around small details on your project.
It can shoot through wood, metal, and plastic with no problem.
6. There is an exhaust port that helps to keep the working surface free of flying debris.
7. Changing out the magazine is very simple.
You simply have to release the locking mechanism and then push it forward until it drops free of the tool. Then you can load a new one and push it back into place.
8. There is an air filtration system built right in to keep debris from getting into your air supply.
As far as nail guns go, this one is not very expensive and it can save you a lot of time. It can be used for many different projects around the home. It could even be taken into the shop if you are an amateur carpenter or someone who needs to do some home repair from time to time. This tool also makes a nice gift for someone who enjoys doing handy work around the house. If you are on a tight budget, this is the framing nailer for you.
Just remember that this tool is not made to withstand heavy duty use. It is not a professional grade pneumatic framing nailer and you should not expect it to perform that way. It is designed for people who only need to do light duty home repair or construction on the side. If you need something more heavy duty, you may want to look at some of the other options available to you.
The F21PL2 is made in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Bostitch F21PL2 Framing Nailer Customer Reviews
Sources & references used in this article: