Bosch DRL130K Laser Distance Measuring Device Review
The Bosch company is one of the largest manufacturers of power tools in the world. They manufacture various products including power tools, industrial equipment, medical devices and much more. Their products are used all over the world. The company was founded in 1871 and they have been making their own brand of laser ranging instruments since 1994.
Bosch’s lasers range from the very small (less than 1cm) up to the large (more than 10 meters).
They make many different types of laser measuring instruments. One of them is their high-power laser distance measuring device, which measures distances between objects at up to 15 meters. These devices are usually sold under several names such as “Laser Distance Meter”, “High Power Laser Distance Measuring Device” or simply just “DMD”.
The Bosch DMD is a powerful tool and it can do some really cool things, but it does come with its limitations. For example, if you want to measure distances greater than 5 meters, then you need to buy a bigger unit. If you’re looking for something smaller than the Bosch DMD, then there are other options available such as the Bosch LDD100M or even the less expensive Bosch LD10K.
The DMD measures distances from a laser. Each time you need to take a distance measurement, the device needs to be held out in front of you with one hand while pressing a button with the other hand to take the measurement. This may seem like a hassle at first, but it’s really not bad after you get used to it. You also have the option to mount the DMD on a tripod if you want to take measurements while keeping both of your hands free.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Methodology for Assessing and Providing Recommendations for Waterfront Lighting Efficiency Improvements (S McKee, G Jose – Ports 2013: Success through Diversification, 2013 – ascelibrary.org)
- A novel camera localization system for extending three-dimensional digital image correlation (A Sabato, N Reddy, S Khan… – … and Monitoring of …, 2018 – spiedigitallibrary.org)
- Assessing orthodontic-bracket impacts on lip profile at bonding and debonding stages (M Trockel – 2015 – nsuworks.nova.edu)
- Linking seedling spatial patterns to seed dispersal processes in an intermittent stream (JM Boland – Madroño, 2017 – BioOne)
- Performance metrics for street and park trees in urban forests (EA North, AW D’Amato, MB Russell – Journal of Forestry, 2018 – academic.oup.com)