Bosch B150 is a professional quality tripod with a very high level of performance. It has been designed to meet the most demanding needs of professionals and enthusiasts alike. Bosch’s B150 offers many features that are useful for all types of photography including:
• Easy to use – No complicated controls or buttons; just move it around where you want and press the shutter button when ready to take your picture!
• High-quality construction – Heavy duty aluminum alloy frame with heavy duty steel legs and arms.
• Adjustable height – From floor to ceiling (adjustable from the included instructions)
• Quick Release Plate – Holds up to three lenses at once, allowing you to shoot multiple photos in one go without having to switch between them.
• • • • • •
Specifications Weight: 0.9 lbs (450 g) Dimensions: 4.5″ x 3.7″ x 7.2″ (11 cm x 6 cm x 18 cm)
Features Price: $499 US / £399 UK / €449 EUR
Bosch B150 Quick Release Plate Specifications Weight: 1 lb (0.45 kg) Dimensions: 2 ¼ ” (6 mm) diameter, 5 ½ ” long, 1 ¾ ” (4 cm) wide
The official product page can be found here.
The official manufacturer’s website can be found here.
The official product video can be found here.
The BOSCH BS 150 is a lightweight, high-performance tripod which is mounted with a quick release plate (which can hold up to three lenses at once, allowing you to shoot several photos without having to switch between them) and a very high carrying capacity. The tripod also has a column separator and is equipped with an extra-wide top disc.
It can be extended from 1.97 feet to 5.91 feet, and it only weighs 0.9 kg! It is ideal for the construction of SLR cameras with interchangeable lenses, video cameras and video cameras.
The BOSCH BS 150 has been developed with a strong attention to detail. It is equipped with several features, which are rarely present in other tripods at this price range.
The tripod consists of a column separator, a top disc that is more than 1.12 inches wide and an easy-to-use quick release plate. In addition, the tripod base consists of 3 integrated rubber feet with metal screws that can be screwed in and out.
The BOSCH BS 150 also has a completely foldable center column mechanism. This allows you to shoot over objects or walls, which is very practical for nature and landscape photography, for example.
The column separator has a length of 8.66 inches and can be removed when it is not needed. As a result, the tripod is only 1.97 feet high and allows you to take pictures through fence gaps or opening windows.
Thanks to its strong aluminum alloy construction, the BOSCH BS 150 can carry loads of up to 22 lb. (10 kg).
Perfect for most SLR cameras with interchangeable lenses, video cameras or video cameras.
The BOSCH BS 150 also has a quick release plate. This plate can be mounted on the camera and is an ideal tool that allows you to easily change between your camera and lens.
The quick release plate has a locking mechanism and only has to be pressed to quickly switch to another lens.
The BOSCH BS 150 also has a reversible center column. This allows you to use the tripod in a low position or on the side.
It can be used, for example, if you want to take a picture of someone standing next to the Eiffel Tower.
Unlike other tripods at this price range, the BOSCH BS 150 also has an extra-wide top disc that makes it easier to use. With its 1.12-inch width, it is perfect for large lens surfaces or video cameras with a shoulder stock.
The BOSCH BS 150 works very stably due to the large rubber pads on its feet and because it has a wide bottom surface area (5.12 × 1.18 inches).
This makes the tripod very stable, even on uneven ground such as grass or sand.
The tripod is also very lightweight and compact. It only weighs 0.9 kg and thanks to its size (15.24 × 3.15 × 3.15 inches) it can be easily transported and carried around in a bag or backpack when necessary.
This is perfect for hikers and travelers, who want to take high-quality pictures of the scenery without having to worry about carrying their tripods around with them.
The BOSCH BS 150 is a high-quality tripod for an affordable price. It is light, sturdy and made of strong aluminum alloy.
It is equipped with a quick release plate, a reversible center column and an extra-wide top disc. The tripod is easy to use and works very stably. It can be used with SLR cameras, video cameras or even large video cameras with shoulder stock.
The BOSCH BS 150 is available in two colors: black and silver.
BS 150 vs. B1x1
Both tripods are by BOSCH and offer a good price-performance ratio. The BOSCH BS 150 is a little cheaper than the B1X, but has a lower load capacity (22 lb vs.
66 lb). It also only has four legs instead of five.
The B1X, on the other hand, has a higher load capacity (66 lb), extra legs and is easier to use. It is also sturdier and slightly more rigid.
However, it is also more expensive.
Which one of these two tripods you should choose depends on what you are going to use it for. If you only want to take pictures of smaller cameras or if you travel a lot and want a lightweight model, we would recommend the BOSCH BS 150.
If you want to use it for heavy video cameras or if you take pictures on uneven surfaces a lot, we would recommend the B1X.
Both tripods are made of sturdy materials and can be easily folded down into a small size. Both models are very easy to set up and both have a quick release plate.
The main difference is obviously the price and capacity.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Forensic Photography in Suspected Child Abuse (AÈ Van Den Bosch, F Bel, HGT Nijs – … of Child Abuse and Their Differential …, 2013 – Springer)
- Faces of emotion in Parkinsons disease: micro-expressivity and bradykinesia during voluntary facial expressions (D Bowers, K Miller, W Bosch, D Gokcay… – Journal of the …, 2006 – cambridge.org)
- Tripod (OU Zerk – US Patent 1,962,547, 1934 – Google Patents)
- Lithostratigraphy of the Brinkheurne Formation (Oligocene, Rupelian) in the eastern part of the Netherlands (M van den Bosch – … van de Werkgroep voor Tertiaire en …, 1984 – natuurtijdschriften.nl)
- Compact speed measurement system with onsite digital image capture, processing, and portable display (RJ Poland, EA Miller, JG Dunne, DW Williams… – US Patent …, 2004 – Google Patents)