Bosch 5312 12″ Dual Bevel Slide Miter Saw Review: Pros & Cons
1) Great price!
You get a great value with this machine. For $499, you are getting a good quality machine that will last many years. The only cons I have is the lack of power (only 2HP), but it’s not like you need much power anyway since this machine cuts very well and quickly.
2) Excellent motor.
The motor is powerful enough to cut through wood very efficiently and fast.
3) Easy to use.
Just turn knob until you see desired shape, then press down firmly on the button and let go of the knob. No complicated controls or buttons required at all!
4) Very easy to clean up after using this machine.
All you have to do is wipe off the dust with some paper towels and you’re done.
It comes with a heavy duty plastic case which protects your machine from damage during transport.
6) Cleaning brush included.
You can easily clean this machine yourself if needed. The cleaning brush is made out of hard rubber material so it won’t scratch the finish of your workpiece when used properly.
7) Dust collection is pretty good, but it could be better.
1) The laser is hard to see if you’re cutting on a bright, sunny day outside.
2) Only cuts at 45 degree right and left tilt, 0 degrees (flush with the board), and 90 degrees (vertical).
I wish it could do 33.9 degrees as well, but this isn’t really a major issue since you can just measure and mark accordingly.
3) Dust shoots out the back of the saw, so be prepared to wear a mask or have some sort of dust collection system if you’re cutting indoors.
4) The bevel adjustments are somewhat hard to turn since they are sensitive.
You have to get them in the exact position or else it’ll either hit the stops before or after your desired position. There is also no indication of where the 0 degree mark is while making these adjustments. However, once you set them to the position you want, they lock in very well and will not move unless you make an adjustment.
5) It’d be nice if the carrying handle had some sort of padding on it.
It’s just bare metal on bare metal, so it can get uncomfortable after awhile. However, this is a very minor complaint.
Overall I give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars. It would easily be 5 out of 5, but the cons I listed are somewhat of an inconvenience.
Bosch 5312 Kit
The kit includes:
1. (1) 5312 Miter Saw
2. (1) Metal Storage / Transportation Case
3. (1) Hex Wrench
4. (1) Cleaning Brush
5. (1) Laser Guided System
More Miter Saw Information:
Power Source: AC Power
Bevel Capacity: 53 Degrees Left & Right
Miter Capacity: 0 – 50 Degrees Left & Right
Blade Size: 12 Inch
Weight: 30 Pounds
Warranty: Three Years Composed of Orbital Action, the miter saw also has a lock that helps to keep the blade steady and allow adjustments to be made.
Sources & references used in this article:
- A EXPERIÊNCIA DO PROJETO DE EXTENSÃO UNA-SE CONTRA A LGBTFOBIA: AÇÕES A FAVOR DE UMA CULTURA DO RESPEITO À DIVERSIDADE SEXUAL E … (RA Reis, J Dias, G Benitez – e-hum, 2017 – revistas.unibh.br)