Bosch 1590EVS Jig Saw Reviews: Pros & Cons
It’s a good saw for beginners or anyone who doesn’t have experience with other types of saws. It comes with all necessary accessories like blade guard, fence and dust collection system. You don’t need to buy any additional attachments such as wheels, blades, etc.
The blade is sharp enough even when it’s dulled.
The blade is very easy to sharpen. You just need to run your finger along the edge of the blade and then push down hard on it. It will cut through wood without much effort.
If you’re having trouble getting into a rhythm, you can use a small piece of cardboard or something similar as a guide to make sure that the blade cuts straight.
You can easily adjust the angle of the blade so that it cuts straight. The blade can be adjusted from 0° to 90°. Adjusting the angle makes it easier to cut through different materials.
It’s lightweight which means that you won’t feel tired after using it for long periods of time. It weighs only 2 pounds (1 kg).
The saw has a quick release mechanism so you don’t have to worry about losing the blade while trying to remove a board.
The jigsaw is easy to use, even for first-time users.
It’s a perfect tool for cutting plywood, MDF, sheet metal, hardwood, and any other similar material.
It’s affordable and provides good value for its price.
The blades are very affordable. They’re readily available online and in hardware stores. You can get them for as low as $5 when on sale.
It’s a portable saw and can be easily stored in a toolbox. It has a built-in grip for easy maneuvering. It’s also small enough that you can carry it in one hand.
The dust collection system is effective and keeps the workspace clean. The system also keeps the blades cool for a longer period of time.
It runs quietly so you can comfortably use it at home or in your workshop without disturbing others.
It has a soft start feature which reduces the stress on your wrist and arm when starting it up.
The handle can be adjusted to suit the user’s height. It has a comfortable grip so that you can use it for long periods of time without feeling tired.
It’s a durable tool. The body is made from sturdy materials and won’t break easily even if you drop it several times.
It has a short cord. This isn’t really a problem because you can just use an extension cord or replace the existing cord with a longer one.
It’s expensive compared to other saws that have similar features. If you’re on a limited budget then you might want to reconsider your options.
You can’t plug in the saw while the blade is turning. The switch only works when the trigger is released. This is a safety feature to avoid accidental start-ups.
It doesn’t have an onboard storage for the guard and base plate. You can get a storage pouch to hold these in place.
The dust port is 1.5 inches and not compatible with other vacuum systems. It’s also not very effective in picking up large debris.
The saw makes an annoying screeching sound when the RPMs are too high. To avoid this problem, don’t force the blade to cut through hard materials.
The blades are brittle and may shatter if hit against a hard surface. To avoid damaging the blades, don’t hit them against any surface.
Don’t leave the tool on for an extended period of time when not being used. This can lead to burnouts of the motor.
It’s very easy to get distracted using this tool so you need to stay focused when using it.
Randomly changing blades can damage the unit and affect its ability to cut.
Careless blade changes can result in cuts and slippage of the blade which can damage the tool.
It’s not a heavy-duty saw so you can’t use it to cut through large beams and huge pieces of wood.
This is a great saw for both professional woodworkers and hobbyists.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Review Exhibition Medieval Gardens: Earthly paradises in East and West. The National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden (P Brouwers, H van Duuren – Groniek, 2019 – ugp.rug.nl)
- A systematic review of the association between erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease (G Gandaglia, A Briganti, G Jackson, RA Kloner… – European urology, 2014 – Elsevier)
- Exercise and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (JPL de Almeida, R Silvestre, AC Pinto… – Neurological …, 2012 – Springer)
- Serum cholesterol and depression: A puzzle never finished (SK Budania, M Rathi, S Singh, S Yadav – Journal of the Scientific …, 2015 – jscisociety.com)
- Long-term effects of neonatal opioid and sedative exposure in Ecmo patients (GE van den Bosch, H IJsselstijn, A van der Lugt… – Projections of Pain – repub.eur.nl)
- Muscle as a collagen fiber reinforced composite: a review of force transmission in muscle and whole limb (PA Huijing – Journal of biomechanics, 1999 – Elsevier)