Black and Decker 40V Chainsaw Review: What’s it all About?
The Black and Decker 40V Chainsaw is one of the most popular models available today. With its long history, it has been used by many famous movie stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Tom Selleck, Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall, James Caan and others. You might even recognize the name “Duck” from Duck Dynasty! The company was founded in 1887 and became well known for their heavy duty industrial products. They have continued to expand into new areas such as home appliances, lawn equipment, and even medical devices. Their reputation for quality continues to grow with each generation of their product line.
So what makes the Black and Decker 40V Chainsaw so good?
Well, it is a high quality saw made of durable materials like aluminum alloy and steel. It features a powerful motor that cuts through wood at speeds up to 3 feet per second. Its blade design allows for easy maintenance and cleaning. And last but not least, it comes with a lifetime warranty!
In addition to being able to cut through hardwoods like maple or ash, the 40V chainsaw is also great for cutting through soft woods such as pine or cedar. It can easily handle logs up to 12 inches in diameter.
The Black and Decker 40V Chainsaw retails for $150, but you can find it online at retailers like Amazon for a few dollars cheaper. If you already own a Black and Decker battery platform then the cost goes down even more thanks to Black and Deckers “platforms” concept. You just need to buy the bare tool and you’re ready to go.
Black and Decker 40V Chainsaw Review: Features
Lithium Technology: Black and Decker is one of the first companies to incorporate lithium batteries into their tools. Other companies such as Ryobi and Craftsman have since followed their lead.
Lithium technology offers a long lasting, durable power source with less weight. A typical battery can last anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the type of work you are doing.
Auto Oiler: This feature is a huge time saver. It automatically dispenses oil onto the cutting chain so you don’t have to do it manually.
Reversible Blade: The 40V saw features a reversible blade for extra convenience.
Tool-less Adjustments: You can easily adjust the length of the bar and chain without any extra tools.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Chainsaw (PC Dretzka, DJ Martin, RJ Sweere… – US Patent App. 29 …, 2019 – Google Patents)
- Trimmer (R Mehra, G Landberg – US Patent App. 29/451,892, 2014 – Google Patents)
- Cordless outdoor power tool system (D Brotto, K Dilaura, K Moore, F Ng, C Potter… – US Patent App. 11 …, 2007 – Google Patents)
- Plastic handle member for manually guided power chain saws (K Hoppner – US Patent 5,960,549, 1999 – Google Patents)
- Portable handheld work apparatus having thumb supports (B Dürr, M Tinius, J Schlossarczyk, G Wolf… – US Patent …, 2007 – Google Patents)
- Miser light for cordless battery operated hand tools (DB Lemoine – US Patent 6,206,538, 2001 – Google Patents)
- Tension device for a chain in a chain saw (DH Edlund – US Patent 5,070,618, 1991 – Google Patents)