Father’s Day is coming soon!
What are some great ideas to give your Dad?
Here are few suggestions:
1) A gift certificate for a local restaurant or bar.
You can use it at any place where they serve alcohol, such as a sports bar, bowling alley, or even a dive bar.
2) A gift card from Amazon (or other online retailer).
You can buy them with cash at many stores like Walmart, Target and Kmart.
3) A gift certificate for a store like Home Depot.
They usually have special deals on tools and hardware. You can use these to get the best deal on most items.
4) A gift certificate for a movie ticket or concert.
Many places offer discounts for parents, so you could save money if you go out with friends instead of going home alone after work.
5) A gift certificate for a game console.
Most video games come with a free copy of the game, so you could play with your son or daughter.
6) A gift certificate for a gym membership.
If you’re not already there, why not join?
You’ll probably meet new people and enjoy yourself!
7) A gift certificate for a store where you can buy parts to repair or maintain your vehicle.
8) An upgrade to an existing tool, such as a new charger for your drill or an upgraded battery pack for your reciprocating saw.
9) A gift certificate for dinner.
Pick a place that the entire family can enjoy on your day off. You could even invite another couple and make it a double date!
10) New clothing or a new leatherman. Always handy to have something that fits, in case of an unexpected party.
or you could get your dad to be one of the lucky father’s to get one of our incredible master craftsman hand-made custom built fathers day gift sets this year.
Good Luck! Father’s Day is just around the corner.
Father’s Day is an annual event celebrated on the third Sunday of June in the Gregorian calendar. It originally was designated in the United States as the second Sunday in January but was moved in the 1970s.The purpose of Father’s Day is to honor fathers and father figures. Many people take part in activities such as eating dinner with their fathers, taking a day trip somewhere or giving gifts.
The mother of invention has seen various other celebrations created for different regions of the world. Mother’s Day, for example, originated in the United States and is celebrated on the second Sunday in May. The purpose of Mother’s Day is also to honor mothers and mother figures. The celebration is commonly associated with the giving of cards, flowers and gifts. It has spread to other parts of the world.
Father’s Day is not an official holiday in many countries but is widely recognized and observed, nonetheless. In some countries where the holiday is not officially recognized, some businesses may be open.
The celebration of Father’s Day first began in the United States in the early twentieth century. It was founded by a woman named Sonora Smart Dodd as a day to honor her father, a Civil War soldier named William Jackson Smart.
Sources & references used in this article:
- American genesis: a century of invention and technological enthusiasm, 1870-1970 (TP Hughes – 2020 – books.google.com)
- The closing circle: nature, man, and technology (ER Babbie – 2020 – Cengage learning)
- Parenting with love and logic: Teaching children responsibility (A Lorde – 2020 – Penguin Classics)
- Soft systems methodology (S Appelrouth, LD Edles – 2020 – SAGE Publications, Incorporated)
- Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in ancient times (B Commoner – 2020 – books.google.com)
- Wild things: The material culture of everyday life (F Cline, J Fay – 2020 – books.google.com)