AO Smith RO Filter System for Under Sink Installation AO-US-RO-4000
The AO Smith RO filter system is one of the most popular under sink systems available today. Its simplicity makes it easy to install and maintain. It’s simple design allows for quick and easy maintenance. If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable way to keep your home safe from harmful bacteria, viruses, parasites, chemicals or other contaminants then the AO Smith RO filter system is definitely worth considering.
AO Smith RO Replacement Filters
If you have any questions about how to replace your AO Smith RO filter please feel free to contact us at 1 (888) 542 – 7777 or email [email protected] . Our friendly customer service representatives are here to assist you 24/7. How do I replace my AO Smith RO filter? There are two ways to replace your AO Smith RO filter:
1. Replace the whole unit with a new one, which includes all parts needed to perform the operation.
You will need a screwdriver, pliers and some sort of container for storing your old filter components in.
2. Buy just the replacement filter elements.
The process is very similar to replacing a light bulb.
Installing the AO Smith RO System
Before installing your AO Smith RO system, you should connect it to a freshwater supply and drain. This can be done by connecting it to your kitchen faucet or to the main water supply leading into your home. Please read your user manual for more detailed instructions.
1. Turn off the water valves to both your original faucet and the AO Smith RO system.
2. Connect your AO Smith RO system to your faucet or main water supply with the tubing included in the packaging.
You may also need the optional Elbow Adapter (depending on your water supply).
3. Before turning on the water supply, make sure all connections are secure and undisturbed.
The water will flow through the RO membrane and therefore any leaks or loose connections can lead to damage. If you are connecting to your faucet, close the valve leading to the sink after turning on the water supply.
How to maintain your AO Smith RO system
It is important to keep up with routine maintenance, this will help guarantee that your AO Smith RO system will continue working properly and last a lifetime.
Cleaning your AO Smith RO membrane
The most important part of routine maintenance is cleaning the reverse osmosis (RO) membrane. The RO membrane is the part of the system that removes harmful impurities such as salt and heavy metals. A build up of these substances will reduce the efficiency of your system and can shorten its lifespan. It’s important to clean your membrane regularly.
1. Turn off the water supply and drain your system (if necessary).
2. Take off the faucet adapter from your RO faucet.
3. Take out the two screws on the top of the faucet housing and remove the housing itself.
4. Take a picture of the connections before disconnecting anything, this will help you reconnect everything after cleaning.
5. Use pliers to gently detach the tubing from each connection point.
Sources & references used in this article: