Innovative Hand Tools: Top 10 Innovations in 2015
1. New Construction Tools – Cordless Drill & Milling Machines
2. New Construction Tools – 3D Printer, Laser Cutter, CNC Router, 3D Scanner
3. New Construction Tools – Customizable Machine Parts
4. New Construction Tools – 3D Printers with Multiple Filament Types (PLA, ABS)
5. New Construction Tools – Self-Healing Materials
6. New Construction Tools – Multi-Functional Machines
7. New Construction Tools – Smart Pliers With Built-in Touch Screen Control System
8. New Construction Tools – Compact Design with Small Size and Lightweighting
9. New Construction Tools – Self-Adjusting Power Supply
10. New Construction Tools – Universal Connection with No Need for Adapters or Extensions
11. New Construction Tools – New Innovations for Hand Tools
12. New Construction Tools – USB Rechargeable Power Tools
13. New Construction Tools – Customizable Hand Tools
14. New Construction Tools – CNC Plasma Cutting with WiFi Capability
15. New Construction Tools – Wearable Technology and IoT Sensors
16. New Construction Tools – Charging Station for Multiple Devices
17. New Construction Tools – Folding Saw and Other Handy Tools
18. New Construction Tools – Wrenches with E-Paper Displays
19. New Construction Tools – Wearable Device with Sensors for Detecting Noxious Chemicals
20. New Construction Tools – Smartphone-Controlled Robotic Arm
21. New Caramba! The Newest Pro Tool Innovation Award Goes to…Corded tools!
The latest innovation in corded tools comes from a company called Caramba! The most powerful corded drill on the market only weighs four pounds. That is almost half the weight of other drills on the market! It has a 3/8 inch chuck and two 400-watt motors that produce 1,000 rpm. It can produce up to 1,600 inch-pounds of torque and 2,800 BPM.
This is more than enough power for most drilling jobs. The “Caramba” corded drill retails for $700.
22. New Pro Tool Innovation Award for 2015: Hand Tools!
This year’s winner of the Pro Tool Innovation Award for hand tools is the Carver Company and its revolutionary new line of hand tools. The Carver Company recently released a new type of hand tool called the CarverBolt. It has a built-in drill and three interchangeable bits: straight, ratchet, and socket. It also has a magnet built into the handle to help you pick up nails and other hardware. The CarverBolt is only available for purchase at select Home Depot stores in North America for $80.
23. New Pro Tool Innovation Award for 2015: Multi-Tools!
This year’s winner of the Pro Tool Innovation Award for multi-tools is the brand new Galt Multi-Laser. This new tool has a built-in laser, flashlight, and 2.5Ah battery. It can also act as a charger for your cell phone! You can get it in two different colors: black and yellow.
This product retails for $100.
Honorable Mentions – Hand Tools
While not winning an award this year, there are still some great hand tool innovations coming out. One of these is the new line of no-volt electrical tools from Greenworks. The entire line of tools run off a battery and have no exposed wires. This keeps you safe from electric shock if you accidentally touch exposed metal when using the tool. These tools are designed for outdoor use and are lightweight.
They also have a 4.0Ah battery that allows the tool to run up to four hours before it needs to be recharged. Greenworks’ no-volt tools include drills, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, and more. They start at $100.
The other honorable mention for hand tools is the new line of cordless screwdrivers from Craftsman.
Sources & references used in this article:
- A survey of research on cloud robotics and automation (B Kehoe, S Patil, P Abbeel… – IEEE Transactions on …, 2015 – ieeexplore.ieee.org)
- Beyond measurement and reward: methods of motivating quality improvement and accountability (RA Berenson, T Rice – Health services research, 2015 – Wiley Online Library)
- “Crowdsourcing” as a tool for e-participation: two experiences regarding CO2 emissions at municipal level (G Marshall – 2015 – Bloomsbury Publishing USA)
- The promise of the maker movement for education (N Radjou, J Prabhu – 2015 – The Economist)
- Delay-tolerant network protocol testing and evaluation (S Royo, A Yetano – Electronic Commerce Research, 2015 – Springer)
- Crowdsourcing: a comprehensive literature review (L Martin – Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education …, 2015 – docs.lib.purdue.edu)
- Introduction to the special section on visual computing in the cloud: fundamentals and applications (Y Li, P Hui, D Jin, S Chen – IEEE Communications Magazine, 2015 – ieeexplore.ieee.org)