2014 Pro Tool Innovation Awards – Cordless Tools
The 2014 Pro Tool Innovation Awards – Cordless Tools were held at the 2015 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California. The awards are given out to innovators and companies that have created innovative products that improve productivity and quality of life. In 2013, the first awards ceremony was held at the 2012 NAMM show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Since then, the awards have been held annually at various locations around the world.
In 2014, the awards were presented at the following locations:
NAMM (Las Vegas) – January 10th – 12th, 2014
CES (Los Angeles) – February 14th -16th, 2014
IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics (ICIE) (San Jose, CA) – March 1st -3rd, 2014
PTCA Professional Technology Expo (Pittsburgh, PA) – April 7th -9th, 2014
NABE (New Orleans) – May 5th -7th, 2014
The NABE show is the official site of the presentation of the Pro Tool Innovation Awards. The nominees are chosen by a panel of industry professionals and organizations. The criteria for product awards are based upon innovation, design, quality, and cost. The Pro Tool Innovation Award is the only award to include a tool in its design, which symbolizes the importance of tools for the industry.
The winners were announced at the NABE show on May 5th, 2014. The winners of the two Carvewright awards are listed below:
Innovation Carvewright Award – The innovation carves out a new niche in woodworking and encourages new designs and possibilities that were not possible without it.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards (GYTI) (H Mahanta, D Rajput, S Bollam – academia.edu)
- Compendium of innovative health technologies for low-resource settings: assistive devices, eHealth solutions, medical devices (World Health Organization – 2014 – apps.who.int)
- The abridged patient-generated subjective global assessment is a useful tool for early detection and characterization of cancer cachexia (AL Vigano, J di Tomasso, RD Kilgour… – Journal of the Academy …, 2014 – Elsevier)
- Innovation through wearable sensors to collect real-life data among pediatric patients with cardiometabolic risk factors (K Yan, B Tracie, M Marie-Ève, H Mélanie… – International journal of …, 2014 – hindawi.com)
- … and technology roadmapping for newly emerging science & technology competitive intelligence:“problem & solution” pattern based semantic TRIZ tool and case study (Y Zhang, X Zhou, AL Porter, JMV Gomila – Scientometrics, 2014 – Springer)
- Review of innovations in digital health technology to promote weight control (JG Thomas, DS Bond – Current diabetes reports, 2014 – Springer)